Staples.com does not support Firefox 3!

Jutsu

[H]ard|Gawd
I just made myself laugh, was trying to order a desk from Staples, and I kept getting an error every time I submitted the order. So I called up a Staples sales rep who directed me to web technician.

Staples fix to the problem? Use Internet Explorer. The best part is that I only use Firefox, in fact I uninstalled IE6 (I have never installed IE7 on any of my personal computers) a long time ago using Add/Remove Components, but I totally forgot. So I am sitting there for 5 minutes with the tech rep going WHERE THE FUCK IS MY IE! Finally realized my folly and used my laptop that still has IE on it cause I just reinstalled XP after getting tired of Ubuntu.

Order is placed but still, why doesn't Staples support Firefox and how am I so stupid that I forgot I unistalled IE. Lol

Hope this makes you guys laugh cause I deal with things like this every day at work and when it comes down to me being the un-savvy tech user I cant but help laugh at the irony.

doesn't surprise me....it is not the only site ignoring the fact that it is not 1997 and that a lot of people are not using IE.

Staples just sucks in general for a lot of things(although they do have some great deals on office furniture). In the future, try using the User Agent Switcher extension, or if that doesn't work try the IE Tab extension. User Agent Switcher tricks sites into thinking you're using IE, but if the site actually isn't compatible with Firefox altogether, IE Tab lets you use IE's rendering engine in FF.

Even if you don't use IE it'd still be best to leave it alone for stability reasons. Just grab IE Tab for Firefox and use that instead.

IE Tab looks promising. The whole reason why uninstalled IE and switched to FF was because of how often the IE crashed. I switched to FF and its tabby goodness before IE7 was born and never looked back although the latest releases of FF have started seizing and crashing too. At least you can always restore right back to where you were <3.

Back