Staples 12% Off Coupon, End of July

Nice Catch, I'll have to see what they have at my local Staples at the end of this month :)

For those of us who don't want to wait a minute of ad-filled fun to see it,

Click for full size obviously.

Interesting. I work for Staples so I will have to keep this in mind. I'll try and get some information on whether or not this is actually valid and additional information I can dig up.

It says you have to bring in that "card" to get the 12% off. If I printed that image out, would that work? Obviously it isn't a card or whatever?

Interesting. I work for Staples so I will have to keep this in mind. I'll try and get some information on whether or not this is actually valid and additional information I can dig up.
It's on the front page of my employer's Intranet server, with the caption that Staples is doing it as a customer appreciation thing for all employees of the company. Having read the fine print, it doesn't actually mention my company's name anywhere, so it seems like it should work for anyone.
It says you have to bring in that "card" to get the 12% off. If I printed that image out, would that work? Obviously it isn't a card or whatever?
Just bring in a print-out of the page.

Too bad everything at Staples is 20% more expensive to begin with.

Depends on what it is. I've found countless items while exploring our inventory that are cheaper @ Staples than at many other stores, such as Fry's. In addition, I've recently purchased 4 laptop bags for $5 each that originally priced @ $60 each. How? Just while stocking merchandise, I often find inactive or clearance items, or items with a "F" (final) status.

As for this coupon, I know we do have Customer Appreciation and Associate Appreciation (employee appreciation) days, but I've yet to come across any other information regarding this coupon. Some interesting deals in the Sunday ad tomorrow...

Depends on what it is. I've found countless items while exploring our inventory that are cheaper @ Staples than at many other stores, such as Fry's. In addition, I've recently purchased 4 laptop bags for $5 each that originally priced @ $60 each. How? Just while stocking merchandise, I often find inactive or clearance items, or items with a "F" (final) status.

As for this coupon, I know we do have Customer Appreciation and Associate Appreciation (employee appreciation) days, but I've yet to come across any other information regarding this coupon. Some interesting deals in the Sunday ad tomorrow...

Whats your location and store#? I was wondering about the associate discount myself because I was looking into some clearance furniture we have :p Can't beat $5 chairs.

I'm at 0488 :)

Whats your location and store#? I was wondering about the associate discount myself because I was looking into some clearance furniture we have :p Can't beat $5 chairs.

I'm at 0488 :)

Southern California, Store #0636.

It's sad for all of our hard work, we get paid crap and don't get discounts, except when our Associate Appreciation Days come along.

That is one of the lamest things ever said. Saying you find good deals is cool and all but come on. You find them because you are working the inventory. Any1 who has worked any type of retail and done inventory can say this. hell back in the day when i worked at the mall. I would get some cheap clothes, cause boss asked me to markdown stuff and I would just hold it for myself, but i wouldnt tell other people that we had good deals cause they really couldnt get them like the employee

Southern California, Store #0636.

It's sad for all of our hard work, we get paid crap and don't get discounts, except when our Associate Appreciation Days come along.

No kidding. Did you get your csat score yet? After a nice row of 40%~ we finally hit 70%. Yay bonus...

No kidding. Did you get your csat score yet? After a nice row of 40%~ we finally hit 70%. Yay bonus...

Last time I looked, our CSAT was 84%, with a goal of 90%. Doubt we'll get a bonus because last time I heard, they changed how they issue our bonus, it's a store wide deal now. They also got rid of the OS Lead position which blows and replaced it with a CSL position. Another MOD gets to sit on their butt.

After BTS, I hope to be moved into BM and shortly after, our BM Lead position might open up, and I'm next in line for it. Hello promotion and pay raise. I also think I made associate of the month, but our GM has yet to post it. As a whole, our store is really hurting to make target profit goals so CSAT doesn't always mean something. Our latest mystery shop was also a disaster.

@ Rydawg; I was just giving an example. Sure, I agree with you, I find the deals because I work the inventory. Just today I found several furniture items now clearance, final, discontinued, and inactive while working receiving inventory. Most with reduced prices.

But there are many items on the shelves normal every day customers can take advantage of, and not just our clearance deals. Our business machines department is filled with prices lower than or equal to Fry's. True we have expensive office supply products, but they at least match any other office supply store in the area. We also have some pretty good deals every in our weekend ad's.

Last time I looked, our CSAT was 84%, with a goal of 90%. Doubt we'll get a bonus because last time I heard, they changed how they issue our bonus, it's a store wide deal now. They also got rid of the OS Lead position which blows and replaced it with a CSL position. Another MOD gets to sit on their butt.

After BTS, I hope to be moved into BM and shortly after, our BM Lead position might open up, and I'm next in line for it. Hello promotion and pay raise. I also think I made associate of the month, but our GM has yet to post it. As a whole, our store is really hurting to make target profit goals so CSAT doesn't always mean something. Our latest mystery shop was also a disaster.

@ Rydawg; I was just giving an example. Sure, I agree with you, I find the deals because I work the inventory. Just today I found several furniture items now clearance, final, discontinued, and inactive while working receiving inventory. Most with reduced prices.

But there are many items on the shelves normal every day customers can take advantage of, and not just our clearance deals. Our business machines department is filled with prices lower than or equal to Fry's. True we have expensive office supply products, but they at least match any other office supply store in the area. We also have some pretty good deals every in our weekend ad's.

LOL wow your goal is 90?! Our goal is 64% (well thats minimum...but after my GM got written up twice for csat she isnt picky anymore).

I just got the BM lead position (which they are turning into the EasyTech Expert...hahaha i love it...) It helps in the mean time until they have an opening for MobileTech which I already have recommendations from all my managers and a few of the MT's themselves.

As far as Staples prices go, they are like most other brick and mortar stores. Out to make a buck. During sales you will see the prices more reflect internet pricing but generally everything stays about 20% higher. You pay for being able to buy it locally and you also pay us dumb retail employees to help you out :p

Back