• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Stanford Problem?

Tormond

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2007
Joined
May 4, 2003
Messages
1,406
Just curious if anyone else is having a problem with Stanford today? I can't get to any of their websites (stats/downloads/etc) and I have 4 machines in my personal farm waiting to upload finished WU and can't seem to D/L any either. Is this a problem on my end or Stanfords?

Trey

 
I'm seeing them at work right now, which is surprising as normally they have sporadic outages here... I sometimes think their DNS doesn't always update in a timely fashion...

 
My work machine was having trouble getting a new WU yesterday. I don't remember what server it was trying to get one from, though. It did send the finished WU back just find. What I ended up doing was stopping and restarting the service until the client finally tried to connect to a different assignment server and it got a WU.

 
I count 9 servers down or rejecting. But the website is working fine. Check if DNS is working - try "nslookup assign.stanford.edu".

 
Back
Top