• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Standard Gamut S-IPS LCDs?

Tinozee

n00b
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
4
Hi, I need a list of S-IPS or H-IPS that are NOT wide gamut. I have an LG W3000HBN with ultra wide gamut of 116% (latest LG IPS panel I guess) and I can't stand it for day to day - way too over sateurated greens and reds. It's great for photo work within color managed apps, but that's absolutely it.

I'm returning this and looking for a gamut closer to 72% so I can use it for all purposes.

Can anyone confirm that the Apple Cinema 30" is lower gamut? My ideal would be a standard gamut 30", but I'd also consider 26" 1900x1200 screens with lower gamut.

Thanks, and beware the wide gamut!

PS - I'm aware of the color management work flow workarounds and it's not worth it to me. I'd much rather wait until wide gamut is truly supported and profile adjustable by the OS.
 
Panel in the NEC EA231 is not wide gamut, however its e-IPS if that matters
 
Thanks for the reply SBB, I'd never considered that one but I'll take a look at it.

Ideal would be 24"+ and 1900x1200. Hell, I'd even go for a quality TN panel at this point. Inputs, stand, etc. are of no concern to me. Just great image quality without over saturation. I also have two Viewsonic VG2230wm, which are blah, so it must be better image quality than those.
 
Thanks Benny, good to know they haven't moved to wide gamut. I think I may go for a 30" apple then.
 
The EA231WMI has a couple of small issues with tinting, but honestly for the price its unbeatable as an all round monitor. I'd highly recommend it, if you're in the US though i know gettign them at the moment over there (from what i've read on this forum at any rate) is a pain in the ass
 
The Dell U2410 is adjustable to a standard gamut, however the first / current (?) revision has dithering when the sRGB space is selected. This will supposedly be addressed in the A01 revision, not sure when that will be commonly available.

The new monitors in the NEC PA series will probably also be properly adjustable to the sRGB (non-wide) gamut given that they have 3D LUTs and are pro monitors, and many pros require sRGB. These are not available yet.
 
If you're considering the 30" ACD, you might as well get the 27" iMac instead... it's also standard gamut, although the Displayport compatibility is finicky. I finally got mine working with a 5970.
 
Back
Top