Standard client issue....

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
Okay.. so I have finally got my GPU client folding away, which is a good thing. But, I have a problem. I am having a hell of a time trying to get one instance of the standard client running along side it...

I have installed it twice as a service, but when I boot the boxen up, the client won't start.... the service just shows as "starting".... for ever, and I mean like an hour and a half... and nada, it never actually starts. If I kill the process, I can launch it manually and it starts up fine, but I really would like to have it run as a service...

It's a 4400+ with a 4850 on XP if that helps.... any advice would be great...

Try reinstalling it but not as a service, see if that makes a difference. On second thought, if you are running the GPU2 client alongside another client on a single core machine with XP, wouldn't there be conflicts due to the GPU client consuming a full core?

Try reinstalling it but not as a service, see if that makes a difference. On second thought, if you are running the GPU2 client alongside another client on a single core machine with XP, wouldn't there be conflicts due to the GPU client consuming a full core?

4400+ is a dual core.

And it runs fine when launched manually... but the problem is I'm a little slow, and I drink too much and have a tendency to close it by accident.....:p;):D

I know it's not a really big deal, but I would just like to have it run as a service.....but I have a feeling that the GPU client is causing problems with the standard client startup....

Try isolating the GPU client on a single core, before you do anything further.

Back