• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Standard 5870 and eyefinity

zod96

Suspected BAD TRADER
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
2,709
How exactly does eyefinity work? I have a single normal 5807 with one displayport input, would I be able to use eyefinity?
 
All 5870's are eyefinity capable, you just have to have the right monitors. For eyefinity gaming, all of your monitors will need to be the same resolution. If you're talking about three screen gaming, you have to use the display port for at least one monitor. You could do 2xDVI and one DP, or 1xHDMI, 1xDVI, and 1xDP. You cannot do 2xDVI and 1xHDMI because using the HDMI port disables one of the DVI ports.

Your sig says you're using a Dell U2410, if that's correct, just add two more and you'll be good to go. That monitor would be awesome for eyefinity btw. It's what I'm planning to get when I move and have more space.
 
Yes. You would hook two monitors up to the DVI connections and then another monitor to the DisplayPort input. If you don't have a DisplayPort monitor, then you can either buy an active adapter to go to DVI or a DP-to-VGA adapter. The adapters can be the only funny thing depending on your monitors and resolution.
 
I have another U2410 I would use. So it would only be 2 monitors U2410's. Could I use 2x DVI? Or do I have to use at least one displayport connection?
 
No, for two you can do any combination of the connectors you want.

It might be cool to check out, but gaming on 2 monitors would really suck in my opinion. You would have a big black bar running right in the middle of your view.
 
I have another U2410 I would use. So it would only be 2 monitors U2410's. Could I use 2x DVI? Or do I have to use at least one displayport connection?

I wolud think for only two monitors, you could use the two DVI outputs, but honestly since you have the U2410, it has DP and you should have the proper cable included with the monitor, so I'd go DVI + DP.

You will be disappointed with two monitor use, the bezels joined in the middle will take a big chunk out of your visual field, right in the middle of the action.

EyeFinity is made for three monitors. You have the most vivid action in the middle screen including the HUDs for the game, and excellent peripheral visuals on the side screens. The bezels rarely interfere with the game.
 
All 5870's are eyefinity capable, you just have to have the right monitors. For eyefinity gaming, all of your monitors will need to be the same resolution. If you're talking about three screen gaming, you have to use the display port for at least one monitor. You could do 2xDVI and one DP, or 1xHDMI, 1xDVI, and 1xDP. You cannot do 2xDVI and 1xHDMI because using the HDMI port disables one of the DVI ports.

Your sig says you're using a Dell U2410, if that's correct, just add two more and you'll be good to go. That monitor would be awesome for eyefinity btw. It's what I'm planning to get when I move and have more space.

I had no idea using both DVI disables HDMI! That blows - I thought the card could do 4 monitors off the bat.
Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it - very glad my Dell 2408 has a Displayport on the bottom - just hope it's a working port (It was Dells first monitor with Displayport I think - dunno if it has any funky issues)

I'm going to personally be using
2209WA -> 2408WFP -> 2209WA
1680x1050 on all of them or 1280x800 - depending on the game (I don't care about non standard resolution, has never bugged me - I want frames per second)
 
Back
Top