Stand for 3x U3011 PPP

Chrisroman

Gawd
Thinking about setting my 3x U3011 in PPP (portrait mode) but stands do not support this. Looking for recommendations on how to mount these. Flexible design is a plus as I may add 2 more next year for a 5-way setup.

My friend, I must help you.

I use the monoprice stands. All 5 of my 30"rs are in portrait and are on these stands (two duals and 3 singles). They say the max is 23"rs but this is not accurate. The also don't exceed the weight limit of the stand. The main reason for getting a double is for the added pole height. But it's unneeded.

Single: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=5970&seq=1&format=2

Double: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=5561&seq=1&format=2

The middle 3 have them on in this picture. Those are the single stands. On my current setup, I have the outsides on the double. If you ever want to go landscape, the double stands do support two 30" monitors stacked.

419949_3115066468319_1014161926_32640290_328227136_n.jpg

EDIT: Also, I'm now on a kitchen table and not a glass desk.

i dont get eyefinity....dont your eyes hurt from 5 monitors blowing light in your eyes?i use one 30" monitor and i hate it when i have to turn my neck from one corner to other ,i dont even want to imagine with that insane setup....not to mention the bezzel that is so annoying.Also i see u siting very close to your 5 monitors,closer than i sit to my 1 monitor,do u even see whats happening on all the 5 monitors?:))

i dont get eyefinity....dont your eyes hurt from 5 monitors blowing light in your eyes?i use one 30" monitor and i hate it when i have to turn my neck from one corner to other ,i dont even want to imagine with that insane setup....not to mention the bezzel that is so annoying.Also i see u siting very close to your 5 monitors,closer than i sit to my 1 monitor,do u even see whats happening on all the 5 monitors?:))

+1
Was wondering the same...

"the double stands do support two 30" monitors stacked"

got a pic of two monitors on that dbl stand?

+1
Was wondering the same...

Well that was a temporary setup actually. Since I'm now using a kitchen table the curve is much tighter. I every thing for the most part, but the whole reason I went with 30"rs is because It fills my entire physical FOV. Also the 30"rs on the ends don't generally get used for work (just play). I generally use 2-3 for browsing unless I'm doing graphic work, then I may use up to 5 of them.

"the double stands do support two 30" monitors stacked"

got a pic of two monitors on that dbl stand?

I don't and feel too lazy to break apart my setup right now.

@ suiken_2mieu

Thanks! I'll give those stands a shot.

I'm super sensitive to FOV, anything less than 100 is unplayable for me, and I prefer 130 or more. You would think I would be a mess in eyefinity, but it doesn't bother me at all, in fact it's a ton of fun. Bezzels you don't notice after a while. Like wearing glasses, drives you bonkers at first but then you just enjoy seeing better and forget you have them on.

Back