• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

stalker screenshot thread

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
18,287
what happened to the good old days on [H] when a new game would come out there would always be a screenshot thread with a plethora of badass screenshots?

so start it up and post some screenshots!
 
stolen from gamespot lol

540331_20070319_screen005.jpg
 
loooks sexy... but i hear it sucks ass.....cuse it crashes so much
 
loooks sexy... but i hear it sucks ass.....cuse it crashes so much

It never crashed on me yet. The game is good, but I'm having a few problems with guys that take two shotguns shots, at close range and they don't die...
 
Wow. I love the way they did the skies. This combined with the weather effects must be awesome.
 
Mostly 25 to 50 FPS. Good enough for me considering the fact I'm on 1GB RAM, 3000+ A64 Clawhammer and an insanely overclocked 7900GS.
 
man i remember that part of the game. defending the garbage yard at night during a thunderstorm was the most memorable part of the game so far.
 
I think i could get this game and just watch the weather...lightning!
 
Som3one, are you putting filters on your screens? I've everything on high at 1440x900 and i'm not getting the blurry effects and my textures look a fair bit muddier.

xr3da2007032620202468sk7.jpg

xr3da2007032522581157kl1.jpg

xr3da2007032620211578wo8.jpg

xr3da2007032620204529pw5.jpg
 
Som3one, are you putting filters on your screens? I've everything on high at 1440x900 and i'm not getting the blurry effects and my textures look a fair bit muddier.



I was messng with the settings in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\STALKER-SHOC\user.ltx and I cant figure out how to set them back to default and I didn't make a backup so now I have to reinstall because the insane bloom effect is killing my fps. :p


(has some pretty neat options in there left out of the video options really kills fps though but better lighting effects and shit) Damn you bloom!!
 
BTW, you can force a higher level of AF from your driver control panels, i.e. 8X or 16X AF for better texture quality. The in-game AF slider maxed out seems to only do 4X AF. So if you want higher, force it from the control panel.
 
Heres a few, 1440x900 with medium setting and high view distance. Havent tried the high setting, but runs perfectly smooth at medium. You can really tell a difference in the outdoor lighting when its overcast or the sun is out, its very cool.


 
Ran into a clipping-type bug on the top of the water tower in the Duty camp. Face toward the lower left corner of the map, like this...

stalkerweirdness2jy8.jpg


Then take one step forward, and I see this...

stalkerweirdness1oc0.jpg
 
Has anyone been able to get AA working? It doesn't seem to be working for me and none of the screenshots look like they are anti-aliased.
 
Has anyone been able to get AA working? It doesn't seem to be working for me and none of the screenshots look like they are anti-aliased.

I wasn't using AA when I took those screenshots, but when I fired up FRAPS to take them, I noticed that my FPS was 80-100 (was playing with dynamic lighting off). So after I posted those shots, I went back into the video options and turned AF and AA both up to full.

That makes settings:
Static lighting
Every slider at full except Grass Density, which is minimum (I hate groping for loot in the grass).

They work fine and take FPS to 30-50, but my factory-OCed 7900gt starts to artifact a little under those settings when it heats up from a long session (I'm in Texas and not using my air conditioning yet).
 
The more I play this game, the more I actually love the engine. The textures and lighting are incredible! The weather and night/day cycle really set an unbelievable mood outside as well. It's not necessarily incredible looking, but it FITS. I wouldn't have really changed it much at all.
 
I thought my computer crashed, like the first time I tried to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but it was just Mr. Stryker's post, and all the pics. LOL
 
Back
Top