STALKER rant

"Cause it takes forever getting in, and you spend, you spend like six and a half hours, and then, you - I can’t even get through, I haven’t even seen the ending... I’ve tried on three separate occasions to get through it, and I get to the scene where all the guys are sitting around on the easy chairs…" ;)

I love the money pit ... that is my answer to that statement.

"Stupid and frustrating to say the least."
I owned it 2 x and sold it both times w/o playing because of comments like this
thanks for reminding me I did the right thing
Life is too short to waste on flaky games

Did they really fix this? Respawning enemies was my biggest gripe about the game too. Clearing and area only to have to do it again as I went back got really old really quickly. It got rid of the realism for me as I watch enemies spawn over and over again. But if they fixed it I might check it out again.

Do you know what mod are good to help with that?

They lessened the respawning in the official patch but still not enough for my liking. If you kill something it should stay dead, goddammit! I will have to boot up my other PC later and see what mod you need to lessen respawning even more. There are a couple that do that but I am using a supermod that alters a bunch of things.

I think it's just a little hard for some of you. :rolleyes: It's definitely a tape that gives you a sense of satisfaction and makes you feel like a badass if you can stick it out and finish it. :cool:

I dont know what you people are talking about. Killing people never been a problem for me in this game, and I beat my Radiation Edition like 4 times already. Learn to aim.

Stalker was genius. Uncompromising, atmospheric and along with the Orange Box the standout gaming experience of last year. That's all I have to say about that!

I dont know what you people are talking about. Killing people never been a problem for me in this game, and I beat my Radiation Edition like 4 times already. Learn to aim.

I didn't say I had a problem killing people in the game. What I said was that when you kill something it should stay dead and not respawn five minutes later so you have to kill it once again.

Silly question: why must you kill something that respawned?

Why have them respawn in the first place? Most of the time you have to kill at least one, because they spawn right in your path... this game makes you backtrack a lot, so it just becomes a tedious errand. An annoyance that really only takes away from the atmosphere.

Right in your path? Really? I played through the game multiple time and never once experienced this. The closest I've seen is when some enter the map from behind entry/exit points. If they have to spawn in somewhere, that's the place to do it. Of course, whether or not respawns should happen in the first place is another matter entirely.

Keeping a light load and having energy drinks on hand help immensely with avoiding fights you don't need to be involved in.

Right in your path? Really? I played through the game multiple time and never once experienced this. The closest I've seen is when some enter the map from behind entry/exit points. If they have to spawn in somewhere, that's the place to do it. Of course, whether or not respawns should happen in the first place is another matter entirely.

Keeping a light load and having energy drinks on hand help immensely with avoiding fights you don't need to be involved in.

Example: The bridge with the broken train in the first zone. The path through below it has a half dozen military soldiers. Wipe them all out, later they all spawn again. Granted you can climb up the hill and go around them but its a pain.

Again I'll ask - they spawned right in front of you? Or was it that you killed them, left that map for another one, came back later and there were more soldiers there? If the latter, soldiers re-occupying an important point such as that bridge is not strange at all.

I remember one instance that stands out, early in the game, where you have to go through a enemy camp and the zone entrance/exit is in their main building. When you come back they will have respawned and you walk right into them.

I remember one instance that stands out, early in the game, where you have to go through a enemy camp and the zone entrance/exit is in their main building. When you come back they will have respawned and you walk right into them.

But those are neutral stalkers who let you pass.

People need to keep in mind that this game took 7 (SEVEN) years to make. All these "glitches" and "gameplay issues" you're experiencing are very deliberate decisions that were made by the producers of the game. They had a lot of time to fine-tune the difficulty and atmosphere of the game to something that (I think) is near-perfect.

People need to keep in mind that this game took 7 (SEVEN) years to make. All these "glitches" and "gameplay issues" you're experiencing are very deliberate decisions that were made by the producers of the game. They had a lot of time to fine-tune the difficulty and atmosphere of the game to something that (I think) is near-perfect.

Ohhhh so the constant crashes to the desktop when I try to save are there on purpose to add to the experience?:rolleyes:

Get the latest patch, get your latest video drivers, uninstall mods and check out your computer for problems.

Get the latest patch, get your latest video drivers, uninstall mods and check out your computer for problems.

They should have spent an extra year getting rid of the bugs instead of releasing a buggy game. 7 years is more than enough to make a decent game.

I'm sorry you're having hardware issues. I'm just glad a couple million people dug this game so they had a reason to make a sequel. It looks like it's going to be awesome. I hope this one doesn't get delayed for 4 years though.

Hardly an example of enemies spawning right in front of you. That stalkers or soldiers would re-occupy that valuable location is not unreasonable.

They certainly weren't neutral. And you'd think they would be able to release a game without so many bugs after 7 years... but it was. Luckily, the patches (after the release) have seem to fix some of the issues a lot of people were having.

I don't consider a game near perfect on release if a patch gets rid of your saved games. Something like that should have been dealt with before and not, in essence, punish everyone who played the game on release. If that was deliberate... than the programmers are morons and not just incompetent.

Hardly an example of enemies spawning right in front of you. That stalkers or soldiers would re-occupy that valuable location is not unreasonable.

However you want to justify a crappy game decision. For me, it ruined the atmosphere.. and yes I could see them spawning out of thin air. I'm really surprised you haven't. I'm glad to hear they increased the respawn timers, and would try the game again if I can find that mod that increases them more.

Just like the battle at the car park, kill a group of enemies... wait two minutes... same group comes up and attacks again... wait two minutes... another attack... just like before. If that is "good gameplay" to you, than I guess you found your favorite game. I expect a little more from my games.

I tried it when it first came out and was not pleased at all. After a few days I gave it to a friend of mine. Wonder if he is still my friend LOL

Really after all the posting I might ask for it back.

is this an expansion or stand alone on the new one coming out ?

any firm dates?

I'm sorry you're having hardware issues. I'm just glad a couple million people dug this game so they had a reason to make a sequel. It looks like it's going to be awesome. I hope this one doesn't get delayed for 4 years though.

You don't need to be sorry. Eventually the patches solved the stability issues and fixed a lot of the gameplay which makes the game much more enjoyable. What confuses me is that they had 7 years to make the game, yet somehow they go from a broken game at release to a completed game after a year and a number of patches. What were they doing over the 7 years?:confused:

I tried it when it first came out and was not pleased at all. After a few days I gave it to a friend of mine. Wonder if he is still my friend LOL

Really after all the posting I might ask for it back.

is this an expansion or stand alone on the new one coming out ?

any firm dates?

It should be a stand alone prequel if I am not mistaken. I will be buying it despite the originals flaws.

Just like the battle at the car park, kill a group of enemies... wait two minutes... same group comes up and attacks again... wait two minutes... another attack... just like before. If that is "good gameplay" to you, than I guess you found your favorite game. I expect a little more from my games.
Well, they keep attacking it until they take it. In the multiple times I've played through, I've seen it go both ways. I guess it'll only bother you if you hang around there all the time. I'd rather see the AI act dynamically than the alternative.

I'm not trying to "justify" anything, merely enjoying the game for what it is.

I don't recall patching the game once and it worked fine for me....only every so often it would crash (meaning I don't even recall the last time it did)

Wow, bought the game a month or so ago and have been playing through due to all the hype over the game and so far it has been a ton of fun, especially once I got through the beginning. I haven't experienced any of the bugs people are talking about here.

As far as killing things, so far the only enemy that needed an entire clip was the mind dude who pulls you toward him if your out in the open. Once I died and figured I could lean around the corner it was a cake walk. Most of the soldiers have pretty decent body armor so I generally aim at center mass and squeeze off a three round burst and let the bullets walk into their head. Works everytime.

Some enemies will see you at night time because they have night vision. Its pretty easy to tell after playing the game for bit which enemies armor is packing night vision. Got a decent suit of armor early on in the game and it made my survivability go way up. I can take quite a few rounds now compared to early on in the game where it seemed like one or two shots would always kill me.

Anyways loving it and need to get back to it.

Game realistic. Bahaha.. Balistics realistic.. Bahahahaha

How many of you shot a real steal AK or M16. I just got annoyed with the game I am sorry but actually shot a lot of guns this game is not even close.. The closest balistic game I ever played was by Novalogic.

My Para ordanance 1945ltd shot almost 17k rounds and it still shot nice and straight, after 20k I replaced the barrel. I had a Romanian built ak47 Must have shot 10k rounds and guess what it still shoots the same. The amount of corosion in the game is insane.. Only Chinese made guns would deterioate this fast.. Hell even my crappy Norinco SKS shot close 3k rounds before I had any trigger issues. This game is bullshit..

Wrench is correct. My m16 has had a ton of rounds shot thru and I converted it to car and even using a 22 kit and it just goes and goes. Maybe you need to add some triflo or other lube to the inventory in game.

My short time with the game was frustrating in that I ended up with 4 ak's in my inventory and not knowing what was what mine jammed and swapping just swapped and all were jammed. I didn't know that I needed to drop them all and just keep one for ammo. Crapped out and get another...this didn't seem to work correctly for me either. Just didn't seem to make since.

The second blowout made all guns more likely to deteriorate faster...

Who cares, people? The mechanics are not the game. Go make fun of Bioshock or Assassins Creed.

Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for realism ? A game in which a second nuclear disaster occurred causing the zone, anomalies, mutants etc ... and you are playing it for realism?

... interesting

Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for realism ? A game in which a second nuclear disaster occurred causing the zone, anomalies, mutants etc ... and you are playing it for realism?

... interesting
thats NOT what they are saying. some people are defending the game saying the developers made the shooting and weapons feel realistic. now the people that actually know about weapons find this silly.

Stalker=Atmosphere, and it was rediculously, completely, 100% awesome

I played it through without any major bugs. Bugs bother me when they further degrade a crappy game.

If bugs make it unplayable for you, then move on or try to fix your issues. Nothing is perfect, and the atmosphere of STALKER is 100% worth biting your tongue over minor bugs for.

:eek:
Game realistic. Bahaha.. Balistics realistic.. Bahahahaha

How many of you shot a real steal AK or M16. I just got annoyed with the game I am sorry but actually shot a lot of guns this game is not even close.. The closest balistic game I ever played was by Novalogic.

My Para ordanance 1945ltd shot almost 17k rounds and it still shot nice and straight, after 20k I replaced the barrel. I had a Romanian built ak47 Must have shot 10k rounds and guess what it still shoots the same. The amount of corosion in the game is insane.. Only Chinese made guns would deterioate this fast.. Hell even my crappy Norinco SKS shot close 3k rounds before I had any trigger issues. This game is bullshit..

Wrench is correct. My m16 has had a ton of rounds shot thru and I converted it to car and even using a 22 kit and it just goes and goes. Maybe you need to add some triflo or other lube to the inventory in game.

Well technically unless you are serving/have served in the military you probably haven't actually shot a real M16 or Ak47 since full auto weapons haven't been available to the public since 1986. Unless you are one of the lucky few who either bought one before that date, or have $30,000 to spend. Or you bought an illegal trigger job and should be in hiding from the ATF!!:D

Wrench: What Para do you have? I love my P15 LTC, I use it for carry.

Back