• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

STALKER performance issues?

fornarmr

Gawd
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
552
I decided to finally play through STALKER and I seem to not be getting that great of fps. It seems fine outside but when I got into the sewers I see a drop - I get like 20-30 fps. I am on 1920x1200 max settings with dual 8800 Ultras. I didn't think I should have any problems with this but apparently I am.

Also, running the float32 mod and t.e.x.t.u.r.e.s. mod. Float32 is supposed to make performance a bit better but I dont know about the textures mod. Maybe that is what is doing it but I don't think it is supposed to. Running the current version as well and the 177.92 nvidia drivers in the nvidia recommended SLI mode.

Is there a known issue with SLI or something? There is no way I should be getting 20-35fps on 2 ultras.

Specs:

qx6850 @ 3.33ghz
nvidia 680i A1
4gb corsair ram @ 1066
SLI 8800 Ultras @ stock
2x250gb WD hdd's in RAID 0
Vista Home Premium 64
 
I decided to finally play through STALKER and I seem to not be getting that great of fps. It seems fine outside but when I got into the sewers I see a drop - I get like 20-30 fps. I am on 1920x1200 max settings with dual 8800 Ultras. I didn't think I should have any problems with this but apparently I am.

Also, running the float32 mod and t.e.x.t.u.r.e.s. mod. Float32 is supposed to make performance a bit better but I dont know about the textures mod. Maybe that is what is doing it but I don't think it is supposed to. Running the current version as well and the 177.92 nvidia drivers in the nvidia recommended SLI mode.

Is there a known issue with SLI or something? There is no way I should be getting 20-35fps on 23 ultras.

Specs:

qx6850 @ 3.33ghz
nvidia 680i A1
4gb corsair ram @ 1066
SLI 8800 Ultras @ stock
2x250gb WD hdd's in RAID 0
Vista Home Premium 64

That's interesting because I get way better FPS inside the sewers on my HD2900Pro. I don't have any numbers but it feels around 60fps, I'll double check later today.
 
That's interesting because I get way better FPS inside the sewers on my HD2900Pro. I don't have any numbers but it feels around 60fps, I'll double check later today.

Man your right. Have 23 ultra's you should be big balling. 1000 FPS easy. Somethings definately wrong.


Stalker can be glitchy. make sure oyu have no Nvidia console settings forced, stalker doesnt like forced settings. Had same issue w/ my 9800GX2.
 
I am running all the settings through the game itself and have nothing forced in the nvidia control panel. It's weird, I acutally alt-tabbed before when I was seeing trouble and it kind of fixed it. Now for some reason I can't even alt tab out of the game it just doesnt work. Not sure why alt tabbing would fix the issue though.
 
Haven't heard any buzz on SLI issues. The game has bugs and other problems, and for some people it takes some effort to get over them.
 
Tried it without Float32? Initial versions were built with performance in mind, but the focus shifted to IQ, so I'm not sure if it's faster any more. And it always was a bit buggy...

You could also try an older patch. I recall hearing that 1.0005 did more harm than good for a lot of people.
 
Back
Top