Stalker:CoP and Realtek HD audio..no 5.1?

KillRoy X

Gawd
Got Call of Pripyat, loaded and been playing..yeah it's great. But the game for me is not coming through 5.1 audio. I recall this with Clear Skies and I recall a fix for us who have onboard audio, but can't remember what I did.

Anyone remember what needs to be done to get this game to run in 5.1 surround?

Got Call of Pripyat, loaded and been playing..yeah it's great. But the game for me is not coming through 5.1 audio. I recall this with Clear Skies and I recall a fix for us who have onboard audio, but can't remember what I did.

Anyone remember what needs to be done to get this game to run in 5.1 surround?

I could never get it to work in 5.1 either and i'm using a Xonar D2X. Everytime i select 5.1 i get ambient music only through the centre speaker. No other sounds at all from any other speakers.

I had to make do with stereo throughout the game as i never came across a fix for it. Personally i think the sound is just broken in the Stalker games as i have the same problem with all of them. All other games work fine.

Yeah, there was a fix that I used for Clearskies, but for the life of me can't find where I got it. I'll keep looking and report back if I find anything.

Back