STALKER: Clear Sky problem: "Insert Disc"

Draax

Supreme [H]ardness
I have been having problems with STALKER clear sky working on my laptop.

I originally installed it to my laptop and it was running fine. I decided to install it on my main rig to see if I could squeeze out a little more performance and that worked fine as well.

I just tried to play it again on my laptop and it will not work. I get an insert disc message no matter what I do. I have done a bit of digging and it seems people with HD-DVD drives have had this problem on their laptops. My Laptop has a Blu-ray drive so I am thinking this may have something to do with the dual laser setup.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem ... its just a little frustrating, to say the least.

EDIT: The GSC forums indicate this is not an isolated issue

I get this issue, when the message pops up hit ALT+TAB a few times until the ALT TAB window selects the error dialogue then hit enter to OK it, dot his again and the game continues to load.

I have to do this every time, every god damn time I play this shitty running game. I cannot wait for Warhead to kick its teeth into the sand.

Do you mean you installed it once on your laptop and once on your desktop without uninstalling on either puter? This is purely a guess, but maybe the activation system doesn't like 2 concurrent installs?

Do you mean you installed it once on your laptop and once on your desktop without uninstalling on either puter? This is purely a guess, but maybe the activation system doesn't like 2 concurrent installs?

I tried deleting it from both machines, and then installing on just the laptop, no dice. This disc read error only occurs on the laptop, if it install it on the main rig after the laptop it runs fine on the main rig.

Back