• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stacker or Cosmos..or other?

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
2,744
Well I'm kinda torn between the two. Didn't really want to spend >$130 on a case, but after looking at cases and finding nothing that really draws me.. I'm looking at these.
I like the rails on the cosmos for handling and the hdd trays. I like the sides on the stacker better, and would like to try some lighting with them.

I was thinking about a more flamboyant case, such as the raidmax smilodon.. but it looks rather flimsy.
 
Cosmos has poor cooling in HD area. Also the top and bottom wire managment slots cannot really be used due to a design flaw. I had one ordered until i saw such statements from people buying them. I changed my order to a stacker 832 and feel much better now.
 
The Cosmos is a great case! Cable management still can be done and with the relocation of the bottom fan above the HDD cage and the addition of another in its place, good cooling can still be achieved. And compared to other enclosures, it's better than many cases out there now. Besides, one thing I liked the Cosmos over the 832 was the fact that it had dust filters included. It maybe a small thing but if you've cleaned the inside of a PC of dust, you know those filters are a big plus...

But do know this... I do like the 832 and may still get it for my other system anyway. In the end though, you get an excellent case either way you decide... Good luck! ;)
 
Back
Top