Stacker 830/832 Airflow

cjv4

Weaksauce
Those of you with the Stacker case, how do you have your airflow set-up?

I am picking one up for my new build and have heard a few different layouts for the intake/exhaust options. Because I will have a Xigmatek S1283 in it, I won't be able to use the top left fan on the side panel. Right now, I am thinking:

Intake- Front, Bottom 2 on side
Exhaust- Top right on side, Back and Top

To keep it balanced, I would only want to use the top or the back fan, what would you guys recommend?

I have for exhaust:
1 -120MM Top
1 - 120 MM Rear
1 - 120MM Lower left side
Intake:
2 - 120MM Front
1 - 120MM Lower right side.

This is my config at the moment. You will need to get a temperature monitor to test to see what fan config yields the lowest temps. Be carefull placing a fan in the upper right quadrant; I got higher temps with either exhaust or intake configurations in this position. I am using a TRUE 120 so YMMV with the Xigmatek. Good luck.

Yeah, sometimes configuring side fans can be counter-intuitive. Best to guess and check, imo.

I've got 4x Panaflo 120's on the side volt metered to stay pretty slow, 2x front 80mm's in my hot swap cages, rear and top scythe 120's at full speed. Not a lot of gear in my rig by current standards but disk temperatures have always been very acceptable (mid 30's to low 40's).

Those of you with the Stacker case, how do you have your airflow set-up?

I am picking one up for my new build and have heard a few different layouts for the intake/exhaust options. Because I will have a Xigmatek S1283 in it, I won't be able to use the top left fan on the side panel. Right now, I am thinking:

Intake- Front, Bottom 2 on side
Exhaust- Top right on side, Back and Top

To keep it balanced, I would only want to use the top or the back fan, what would you guys recommend?

Any other problems fitting the Xigmatek in the case? I have the same case and would like to use this cpu cooler too. What components are you using in your build?

TIA

I haven't actually built it yet, so I can't help much there. I did buy the thermalright universal heatsink backplate though, so I don't have to rely on pushpins.

Cjv4 if you go to this thread I found some Cooler master 830 owners who were able to fit a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler inside. I'll probably need that universal heat sink backplate too.

I have for exhaust:
1 - 120MM Top
1 - 120 MM Rear
1 - 120MM Lower left side (side panel bracket)
Intake:
1 - 120MM Front
2 - 120MM Lower & Top right side (side panel bracket).

Due to CPU cooler, Top left side does not fit.

Initially, I had the lower left side fan on side fan bracket as intake... but this increased my temp. When I reversed it as exhaust it lowered my case temp. This is the one directly above video card.

Be carefull placing a fan in the upper right quadrant; I got higher temps with either exhaust or intake configurations in this position.
I will recheck if it makes a difference for me if I reverse position for this fan.

My video card (8800 ultra) generates a huge amount of heat. I'm not sure if installing a VGA cooler will decrease my case temp. Getting a VGA cooler will cool my video card, but will this in turn make my case temp decrease ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

For my stacker

Exhaust:

Rear and Top

Intake

Front 2x120mm
Side Panel Right bottom

I would fit more but my VGA and CPU cooler will not let me install more int he front of my case :(

Back