• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stacker 810 vs. Lian-Li A16...

Blazestorm

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
6,940
I'm looking for a case that has all 5.25" bays on the front. For easy swapping of drives...
The only Lianli case like that, is the A16, I've wanted a LianLi for a long time.
Right now I have an Antec900, very similar... just heavy and ugly :eek:

I'm looking to upgrade to something that will last a while..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119145

Currently Coolermaster is packaging an all-black stacker 810, with a 850 PSU for $250...(On directron) that's a pretty good deal considering I'd spend $160 on the A16 and another $150-180 on a decent 7-800watt PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112132

The Stacker is bigger, cheaper, but steel...

The A16 is smaller, more expensive, but lian-li quality + aluminum...

I plan on getting 3 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817119403

or possibly 2 of the 5-in-3 versions, although that would be the more expensive route for 1 more drive-bay.

So I guess I'm trying to get opinions one way or the other... I'm leaning towards the Lian-Li just for the quality, but the Stacker is actually looking decent...

This is basically a workstation for HD video editing, media/file server for the raw HD footage and movies/music/videos, and gaming computer all in one... Q6600 + 9800GTX when that comes out...
 
I was in the same situation, but I decided on the stacker for the sheer size, as well as the 810 having 2 120 exhausts.
 
i have 2 lian-li a16's and i love them. i also ran a lian-li G50 with a athena backplane.

heres a pic of the g50 fitting with a backplane.

Lian-Li%20G50-1.jpg
 
i have 2 lian-li a16's and i love them. i also ran a lian-li G50 with a athena backplane.

heres a pic of the g50 fitting with a backplane.

Lian-Li%20G50-1.jpg

Just curious how hard those buttons are to press, it'd suck to turn off a HDD in a Raid Array :eek:

I'm actually looking at getting an Ultra X3 800 watt, and a Lian-Li A70 now... I keep changing my mind... the A70 and X3 800 would last through atleast a couple more builds (Figure once every year or so), it holds 10 drives stock..

Still debating everything though... gah... Hardest part about building computers is picking the parts... :(
 
Back
Top