• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stable OC now unstable overtime?

Stimz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
174
Well my OC was 100% stable for about 4 months and I recently started getting 1 second lockups every couple of hours so I ran IBT and it failed within 5 minutes.

I upped the VCC voltage from 1.387 to 1.4 and ran IBT 25 times and it passed. I'm assuming it's stable pending more tests but what could make a stable OC unstable overtime?

I do have some vdroop. My mobos voltage changes quite a bit between idle and load. The bios is set to 1.4. In cpuz at idle it shows 1.44 and at load it goes down to 1.37.

Any ideas?
 
the weather?


But I've noticed the same with my overclock as well. My rig started started needing backing off in 20MHz steps after about a year of running at 3.62GHz.
 
Maybe. I've had the AC on for most of the summer so it's around 70 in the room unless I'm in it for hours. I don't think temp changed that much. IBT maxes out my temps around 65C.
 
happened to me, reset the bios, start over again. little by little
 
yup, happens. the oc might sometimes require more volts and if that does not help then you may just have to bring the oc down a notch.
 
That can happen sometimes and the reasons can vary. Sometimes it is the CPU aging and it can also be the power supply (or other component) beginning to fail. In my case that happened after 3 months and again after 6 months. About a month after the second adjustment the power supply failed. I replaced the power supply and was able to go back to my original voltage and all has been well for several months. YMMV
 
Alright thanks guys. I replaced my PSU with the XFX I had laying around so I know it's not that and memtest checked out fine. I'll just assume its general wear and tear on the cpu/mobo. Thanks again ;)
 
Alright thanks guys. I replaced my PSU with the XFX I had laying around so I know it's not that and memtest checked out fine. I'll just assume its general wear and tear on the cpu/mobo. Thanks again ;)


its probably just the motherboard components aging so they will require a little more voltage to get the same stable clocks.. happens for everyone pretty much just depends on which components age faster..
 
i think i might be suffering the same problem

I installed my cpu cooler and my clocks were all over the place until i locked it in at 3.5

ran fine for months... but now every so often my computer will freeze requiring a reboot.

May or may not be my CPU cuz the freezes have been happening every since I faced a virus.

My room temperature fluctuates like wild too
 
Back
Top