I've been out of the AMD camp since the K6/VIA days due to stability issues of the time, so I'm a little rusty. However, with Intel's current lackluster offerings in mind, I'm in the market for a nForce4 MoBo to pair with a 4400 Toledo X2.
This will be for a gaming box, and while I'd like to be able to OC and tinker with performance settings, stability is the biggest issue for me. Onboard Audio, Firewire, and RAID controllers will probably be disabled if included. I'm also not interested in SLI.
I currently have 2 sticks of 1GB OCZ Platinum (3200), so compatibility with this RAM is important. Other than that, I plan to match it up with a 500w Antec power supply, an eVGA 7800GTX, and a Sound Blaster Audigy ZS 2.
I'm considering the following boards, in order of current interest:
1. EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra
2. Asus A8N-E
3. Abit K8N Ultra
Does anyone have any input on these boards with regards to stability? Hopefully this isn't insulting, but is it possible to build an AMD system that will run for weeks on end without crashing, locking up, and constant tweaking/maintenance?
Thanks a bunch for any help!
This will be for a gaming box, and while I'd like to be able to OC and tinker with performance settings, stability is the biggest issue for me. Onboard Audio, Firewire, and RAID controllers will probably be disabled if included. I'm also not interested in SLI.
I currently have 2 sticks of 1GB OCZ Platinum (3200), so compatibility with this RAM is important. Other than that, I plan to match it up with a 500w Antec power supply, an eVGA 7800GTX, and a Sound Blaster Audigy ZS 2.
I'm considering the following boards, in order of current interest:
1. EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra
2. Asus A8N-E
3. Abit K8N Ultra
Does anyone have any input on these boards with regards to stability? Hopefully this isn't insulting, but is it possible to build an AMD system that will run for weeks on end without crashing, locking up, and constant tweaking/maintenance?
Thanks a bunch for any help!