• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stabilizing a faulty e5200?

nowwhatnapster

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
406
I have an e5200 that is no longer stable with stock settings. I used to ramp up the FSB, without increasing any voltages. I put it to roughly 2.8ghz, which was stable for multiple days of stressing. Served me well for months.

Somewhere along the line it stopped functioning properly, I no longer use it, i upgraded to a q9550. Rather than tossing out this processor I would like to upgrade my secondary system with it, which is currently using a celeron 440.

I am going to bump up the vcore voltage on the e5200 until it becomes stable again. My question is: should I disable the power saving features like C1E? Do you think it will still be more stable or less stable if I keep these features on?
 
You can leave it on. I like to turn it off while stability testing an overclock, but usually re-enable it after everything is done.
 
Man i think this proc is toast.

I keep getting different BSOD's and ive upped the voltage to 1.3 on vcore

This system is rock solid with a celeron 440,
 
I've got an Athlon X2 setup which is not stable when the power savings options in the bios are enabled. It's worth a shot to disable them.

If it's still unstable then try underclocking the CPU, it'll still be faster then the celeron.
 
altho blue screens are mostly from ram errors, it seems like this is a cpu problem because it is the only thing in common with both machines (or is it?). anyway, rma it to intel, all you need is the original hs/f. they are very quick with rma's.
 
Back
Top