stability issues

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
1,628
as in the sig I'm running an i5-2500k on a GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 with a CM Hyper 212+

I have set the multiplier to x45 and the GPU to 1450

I have run AIDA64 Extreme Edition stability test for a couple of hours with no problems. I can run older games like boarderlands and GTA san andreas fine. For some reason my system will randomly freeze up. Today I was just checking my email when it frooze, some times in games it freezes. I don't understand if this is overclocking related or something else.

I have the power-saving settings enabled should I disable Turbo Boost?
 
Last edited:
I don't understand if this is overclocking related or something else.

Of course. :D

You will be surprised if you test your OC with lightly threaded applications or assigned to only one core. The idle voltage is too low, you must fine tune your OC, probably more aggressive LLC or something.

Another thing, you don't check your OC with AIDA64 EE stability test only, there are other more powerful applications for that.
 
My only other overclock was an i5-750, it had no iGPU, i just set the memory to the XMP profile and changed clocks and that was it. Can you give me a guide of how to do this properly?
 
Back
Top