ST61G4 thoughts?

markt435

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone have this system and what are your thoughts on it? I just ordered it from Newegg for $205. I thought it was a good deal cept I saw it on the Shuttle store and they had it on sale for $199 but I'm still happy. I get stuff quick from them cuz I'm like 2 hours away from their west coast warehouse.

It's definitely got the best integrated graphics of any small form factor out there. I think I saw a review of this model on silentpcreview.com... check it out.

I built one of these systems yesterday. I put in 3ghz with 1gig mushkin ram. Integrated graphics can go upto 128mb. The installation went smooth with windows xp service pack2. I haven't done temp tests yet but i left running for hours with no hiccups on full load.

Yay got my shuttle in the mail today and it booted up great the first time. Thought I was having problems with it but it turned out i just didn't give it enough time. Anyways, specs time...

Shuttle ST61G4
Pentium 4 2.4A
2x256 OCZ Gold Rev.2 PC3700 2.5-3-3-7
Radeon 9600 Pro
120GB Maxtor UATA
Sony 52x burner

Thinkin about upgrading to a 16x DVD+/-RW drive that I saw from newegg for like $67. Then the vid card will come later but I feel its still good enough for now. My lcd res only goes to 1024 so I can still play a ton of games decently.

Back