SSUPD Meshlicious

///AMG

2[H]4U
Didn’t see a thread made for it yet so I will start one.

Lian LiGalahad 240mm aio and a 3090 strix barely fit. Was quite tricky to get it all to fit. Also really need custom length cables to clean it up. Thermals are really good so far. Went with mesh panels and the pcie 4.0 riser.

3052E6F3-FC65-45D3-B406-04D4B09531D5.jpeg

F755C9BA-383D-40CB-A12A-C1B3F530D484.jpeg

5942D53B-0228-4FAD-8AC0-CA578789DA44.jpeg
8C5213E6-1AAA-4536-91AF-7A5B7E3EDBE0.jpeg

I'm considering picking up this case. Or the coolermaster nr200. I have all the parts in my cart just waiting to hit the buy button! Looking at a EK 280 AIO cooler as it reviews really well and is fairly thin-ish as these go. A 5950x along with my old 980TI as I have yet to get my hands on a replacement. Someday! Also looks like i'll need a 90 degree display port adapter but they're cheap. Only drive will be a m.2 NVME WD black.

I'm considering picking up this case. Or the coolermaster nr200. I have all the parts in my cart just waiting to hit the buy button! Looking at a EK 280 AIO cooler as it reviews really well and is fairly thin-ish as these go. A 5950x along with my old 980TI as I have yet to get my hands on a replacement. Someday! Also looks like i'll need a 90 degree display port adapter but they're cheap. Only drive will be a m.2 NVME WD black.
My only advice is be really careful about the pump height of the aio if you are using a 3 slot gpu. I ended up swapping out the Lian li aio I had in the photos with an asus rog strix so I could have more room between the motherboard tray and the back of the gpu.

My only advice is be really careful about the pump height of the aio if you are using a 3 slot gpu. I ended up swapping out the Lian li aio I had in the photos with an asus rog strix so I could have more room between the motherboard tray and the back of the gpu.
good to know! Looking at specs, in 3 slot mode the case allows for a 73mm high CPU cooler. 53mm in 4 slot mode. The ek i'm looking at looks to be 53mm tall.

The asus rog strix pump is 45mm so that allows for more room. But it's way out of my price range. Know of any other options closer to $150? 280 rad. I looked at corsair and theirs is 63mm if I recall correctly.

Also, I noticed in your sig you're using a LG CX48 as a monitor? How is that working for you? It's also something i'm considering as a monitor.
You also have a NR200? Thoughts on that versus the meshilicious?

Last edited:
good to know! Looking at specs, in 3 slot mode the case allows for a 73mm high CPU cooler. 53mm in 4 slot mode. The ek i'm looking at looks to be 53mm tall.

The asus rog strix pump is 45mm so that allows for more room. But it's way out of my price range. Know of any other options closer to $150? 280 rad. I looked at corsair and theirs is 63mm if I recall correctly.

Also, I noticed in your sig you're using a LG CX48 as a monitor? How is that working for you? It's also something i'm considering as a monitor.
You also have a NR200? Thoughts on that versus the meshilicious?
Look around on Amazon for the Strix. I got mine from a warehouse deal for $108, it was brand new never even opened.

I love my LG CX48, its been great. Only thing I wish is it was 40" or even 32". I have to set it up pretty far back but other than size I think its perfect.

As far as the NR200, I have the Ncase M1 v5 as well. I think the NR200 is one of the easiest SFF cases to build in but its not AIO friendly like the Meshlicious. I think the Meshlicious is by far the best of the 3 in terms of build flexibility and cooling has been really good. Its easier to build in than the ncase M1, but not as easy as the NR200 but then again I only have the RX6800XT 2 slot cooler vs a 3.25 slot cooler in the 3090 Strix I put into the Meshlicious. Overall I think the Meshlicious is my favorite case out of the three. Only downside so far is having to get low profile dp cables, right now I have it elevated until they release the new DP cables.

Look around on Amazon for the Strix. I got mine from a warehouse deal for $108, it was brand new never even opened.

I love my LG CX48, its been great. Only thing I wish is it was 40" or even 32". I have to set it up pretty far back but other than size I think its perfect.

As far as the NR200, I have the Ncase M1 v5 as well. I think the NR200 is one of the easiest SFF cases to build in but its not AIO friendly like the Meshlicious. I think the Meshlicious is by far the best of the 3 in terms of build flexibility and cooling has been really good. Its easier to build in than the ncase M1, but not as easy as the NR200 but then again I only have the RX6800XT 2 slot cooler vs a 3.25 slot cooler in the 3090 Strix I put into the Meshlicious. Overall I think the Meshlicious is my favorite case out of the three. Only downside so far is having to get low profile dp cables, right now I have it elevated until they release the new DP cables.
Thanks for your reply.

LG is going to release a 42" C1, it got pushed to next year though. May be a better option than the 48"

Watch temps as I have seen cases with this hanging style cause GPU hotspot temps to be higher. Using the same card in an NR200 vs an XProto I saw the core temp rise about 8C despite the edge temp being lower in the Xproto. Turned the Xproto on it's side and temps at the core went down.

I'm very interested in this case for the supposed excellent cooling. I'm even considering foregoing a planned mATX build for a mITX in this case. I'm drawn to it more than any mATX case I've looked at so far. I'm wondering if air cooling would be better than AIO to take further advantage of the mesh. Looks like it can only support three fans - two in the front and possibly one on the side or maybe bottom?
Also can anyone attest to how much having a glass panel affects the cooling? It's one whole side without mesh, but it seems that since the entire rest of the case is still mesh that it wouldn't matter much.

I'm very interested in this case for the supposed excellent cooling. I'm even considering foregoing a planned mATX build for a mITX in this case. I'm drawn to it more than any mATX case I've looked at so far. I'm wondering if air cooling would be better than AIO to take further advantage of the mesh. Looks like it can only support three fans - two in the front and possibly one on the side or maybe bottom?
Also can anyone attest to how much having a glass panel affects the cooling? It's one whole side without mesh, but it seems that since the entire rest of the case is still mesh that it wouldn't matter much.
I think if you use the mesh on the mb side it won’t be much of an issue. If you use it on the gpu side you will probably choke it. I haven’t used the glass panel yet so I can’t tell you for sure. I only have the 2 fans in it and cooling is still excellent for an mitx case.

I think if you use the mesh on the mb side it won’t be much of an issue. If you use it on the gpu side you will probably choke it. I haven’t used the glass panel yet so I can’t tell you for sure. I only have the 2 fans in it and cooling is still excellent for an mitx case.
Good to know. I've seen a couple builds with glass on the GPU side and others with it on the MB side. Plenty of builds have custom loops, which I'm surprised about.
I have a small advantage in that my GPU is only 190mm long, so the SFF card layout could be beneficial. I suppose that could free up a lot of bottom space for cable management.
I've heard lots of opinions ranging from totally fine, to fairly difficult, to a royal pain regarding cable management. No one fussed about temps though, which is good considering I was planning to AIO cool my CPU and potentially my GPU depending on case. Also an interesting opinion I heard from one user was that he got lower temps using an AIO as intake, rather than exhaust, and much quieter too. I would actually prefer this if this setup can be accommodated well.

Good to know. I've seen a couple builds with glass on the GPU side and others with it on the MB side. Plenty of builds have custom loops, which I'm surprised about.
I have a small advantage in that my GPU is only 190mm long, so the SFF card layout could be beneficial. I suppose that could free up a lot of bottom space for cable management.
I've heard lots of opinions ranging from totally fine, to fairly difficult, to a royal pain regarding cable management. No one fussed about temps though, which is good considering I was planning to AIO cool my CPU and potentially my GPU depending on case. Also an interesting opinion I heard from one user was that he got lower temps using an AIO as intake, rather than exhaust, and much quieter too. I would actually prefer this if this setup can be accommodated well.
Depending on your components you can get longer standoffs for the motherboard and/or gpu and route cables behind them.

I recently did a build with an sfx psu, ek basic 240, and the cables are ok without going the longer stand-off route. Though if you used an atx supply and had 2.5" drives then I could see cabling being a problem.

If using two mesh panels I've heard that exhaust is the way to go. It should also be noted that in the examples I've seen, intake vs exhaust, temps are either better for the GPU or CPU, but not both.

After a couple months focusing on other things, I've revisited my plans to rebuild my existing PC in a new case. The more I research this one, the more drawn I am to it. The only reason I have not yet decided on it is I'm still considering the Fractal Torrent Nano for a mITX or sticking with a mATX build in the Torrent Compact.

If using two mesh panels I've heard that exhaust is the way to go. It should also be noted that in the examples I've seen, intake vs exhaust, temps are either better for the GPU or CPU, but not both.
This is what I've heard as well. I read if using a glass panel, it should go on the MB/CPU side and the fans should run as intake. In this setup, a 3-slot GPU is preferred because it will give the PSU some literal breathing room from the glass and won't choke it.
One thing I've thought of instead of going with an AIO is a low-profile (≤73mm) air cooler (such as Noctua L12S or Scythe Big Shuriken 3) and two 140mm fans in the front for intake. Has anyone tried air cooling in this case? The little info I've seen online for it shows decent temps (65-75 range under load), not quite as good as with an AIO but that's kinda to be expected.

Although, SSUPD is going to announce their new Meshroom case relatively soon (hopefully) so I might wait to see what it features and what improvements there might be.

After a couple months focusing on other things, I've revisited my plans to rebuild my existing PC in a new case. The more I research this one, the more drawn I am to it. The only reason I have not yet decided on it is I'm still considering the Fractal Torrent Nano for a mITX or sticking with a mATX build in the Torrent Compact.

This is what I've heard as well. I read if using a glass panel, it should go on the MB/CPU side and the fans should run as intake. In this setup, a 3-slot GPU is preferred because it will give the PSU some literal breathing room from the glass and won't choke it.
One thing I've thought of instead of going with an AIO is a low-profile (≤73mm) air cooler (such as Noctua L12S or Scythe Big Shuriken 3) and two 140mm fans in the front for intake. Has anyone tried air cooling in this case? The little info I've seen online for it shows decent temps (65-75 range under load), not quite as good as with an AIO but that's kinda to be expected.

Although, SSUPD is going to announce their new Meshroom case relatively soon (hopefully) so I might wait to see what it features and what improvements there might be.
Just wondering, have you looked at the Phanteks Evolv Shift XT at all?

Just wondering, have you looked at the Phanteks Evolv Shift XT at all?
😆 What a coincidence! I just looked at it and was going to ask about it. It looks really cool. Also I was checking out the Shift 2, which looks quite feasible as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
SSUPD's successor to the Meshlicious.. called Meshroom, apparently is going to be larger to accommodate dual radiators and ATX boards. They've given two cases away as part of a promo contest, but I don't know where this info has come from. If it's true, I have mixed feelings but we'll see as more info gets released.
https://reviewer.co/cases/meshroom
NCASE has partnered with Streacom to release a Meshlicious 2 that will be separate from SSUPD. Haven't heard any info on that at all yet. It will be interesting to see which performs better, looks better, and which stays more true to the original Meshlicious.

Hey all. Just did an upgrade to my son's PC in the Meshlicious.
- Ryzen 5800X
- ASUS Strix B550-I
- ASUS Strix 2080 Super White Edition
- 16 GB Corsair Memmory
- Corsair H115i Elite 280mm AIO
- Corsair SF600 SFX
- 512 M.2
- 1TB Sansung 2.5 SSD
- Extra height feet from Etsy

The 3D printed feet help elevate the case and allow for a non-90* cable to be used. There are also some custom side panels on there made out of acrylic, but I think I am going to leave it as is.

Also recently built in the NR200 for him to use at his mom's. Took the NZXT Kraken 140mm AIO and put it in the NR200 along with a Ryzen 5600X and an EVGA 1080. I would say the NR200 was easier to build in, but the Meshlicious definitely gave me a better sense of accomplishment. Everything fit, fit well with not much space left over. Cable management can be a bit of a challenge, but I was able to get everything hooked up and hidden well. I will probably do a little tweaking to the radiator as the bottom hoses aren't quite as clean as I would like them. If I had put the radiator between the fans and the case it would have been easier, but then you couldn't see the glorious RGBs through the front lol.

Mesh1.jpg

Mesh2.jpg

Mesh3.jpg

Older shot with the other hardware, but you get the idea.
Mesh4.jpg

That looks slick. Cable management is pretty good given you pretty much packed the case. I love Meshlicious builds, they give me the itch to do another SFF. Well done!

Finished up the cable management on my son's build. Not too much of a difference, but cleaned up a few things. GPU side looks exactly the same. Done messing with it for now.

IMG_1328.JPEG

Here's a shot of his battle station...
IMG_1329.JPEG

Back