SST-ST45SF-G for GTX 580

Urelure

Limp Gawd
Hi

I am planning to do an M1 build step by step, basically to be able to start immediately, spreading the cost instead of saving up first. Going from ATX to m-itx obviously limits my choices in the order of replacing parts.

Given that my gtx580 still works fine, and the GPU is the single biggest investment in a new build i would really like to keep it for the time being, but that means i have to go with the SFF PSU from the start. I know the 580 can peak at over 300W which is far more that new top of the line cards, and the haswell processor will peak at 84W. That doesn't leave much headroom.

I did my theoretical build in eXtreme Calculator and it came up with minimum 380W, recommended 430W.

I've always played it safe in regard to PSU so i have no experience in this. Will this work?

Last edited:
That PSU should have no problem with that GPU. I would give it my stamp of approval. :)

Thanks for the reply:)

I saw in the M1 thread that Silverstone is releasing SFX-L PSUs with 120mm fan in june/july so I might wait to see if these are quieter eventhough I'll probably never need the extra power. Especially since these will come with fanless mode < 41C. That's a big sell.

Back