SSL VPN client for iPhone w/ ASA5505

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
I find it troubling that i would have to pay for additional licensing to use the mobile version of anyconnect.

Is there a third-party app that will allow a secure connection back to my house from my iPhone?

Anyconnect mobile is a per device license and is about 60 bucks, is that to much to ask to use the mobile client?

Anyconnect mobile is a per device license and is about 60 bucks, is that to much to ask to use the mobile client?

Yea when i have already paid to use the VPN features. It just feels like im being nickled & dimed. :mad:

Yea when i have already paid to use the VPN features. It just feels like im being nickled & dimed. :mad:

You paid for the Anyconnect ssl license, not the mobile. They are not the same, sorry you feel that way

You paid for the Anyconnect ssl license, not the mobile. They are not the same, sorry you feel that way

I understand they are different licenses, but its the same technology. I just feel like i'm getting worked. Paying for the same thing twice.

Is there a reason you must use SSL vs IPSEC? It's free and built natively into the OS. What more is really necessary?

I know but IPSEC is free. Do that plus cert, and you've got an on demand vpn, all native to iOS.

Back