sshd troubles

M11

Does Not Follow Instructions.
On one of my machines, I continue to have constant problems with sshd. I can connect, with no unusual lag, and I can enter my username and press enter, again with no unusual lag. However, after entering my password, nothing happens. The SSH client just sits there and does nothing, even after 15+ minutes. Its as if once the password is entered, the connection hangs, however it stays connected. I have the same problem when connecting from SCP. This all started when I tried connecting in to check load averages between 6 and 9, but it also happens following reboot when the load is lower. sshd is current, and has been rebuilt several times, with known good configurations. There is no firewall or other nonsense getting in the way, and I am able to connect through ssh to other boxes, thus it is not my client or connection.

Any insights, [H]?

which client?
have you say tried an alternative? OpenSSH for instance (under cygwin)
doublechecked the Environmental variables?

Ice Czar said:
which client?
have you say tried an alternative? OpenSSH for instance (under cygwin)
doublechecked the Environmental variables?
I usually use PuTTY. In trying to connect to the problematic server, I've also tried ssh (linux commandline) as well as SecureCRT - none of these clients seem to work with the affected server, yet they all work with the rest of my servers, thus its not a connection issue.

What sort of environmental variable wackyness might be causing this? Nothing has really changed that would precipitate this problem - it just started occuring.

Does the server have any trouble performing rDNS lookups?

Back