• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SSD wont read over 100mb?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
6,004
I have a Work PC I tossed an SSD in hoping to get better speed. It feels a little fast but not much so I ran ASSSD and found peaks reads and writes of around 90mbs? I did fail to set the controller to AHCI before loading but even in IDE mode on other PC's I had no problems hitting high speeds. The PC is a HP DC5850 small form factor and it says it has a SATA 3.0gb controller which I thought would be good up to 270ish? The drive is a Micron C400 with 0809 firmware. I tried updating the firmware with the update from the Micron site but it keeps saying no ssd found. Thx for any advice!
 
Without looking at the HP DC5850 specs, you're sure you are plugging the SSD into a SATA III port? Others may be SATA II or lower, but even then they should exceed 100MB/s easily.
 
Its a sata 3.0gb so its a SATAII port if anything. I can try a different port tho.
 
Tried installed the driver and no luck. System is slow and not very responsive. Even when I open windows I can feel a slight hesitation. It feels like the mechanical drive would run just as good but it shows the windows experience as 7.4
 
Im starting to wonder if this thing needs to be on (AHCI RAID) My only options for storage settings are Legacy IDE, Native IDE, and ACHI RAID. I didn't see one for just AHCI.
 
Im starting to wonder if this thing needs to be on (AHCI RAID) My only options for storage settings are Legacy IDE, Native IDE, and ACHI RAID. I didn't see one for just AHCI.

Hi, Copyright,

Yeah, try it on AHCI RAID and you should see an improvement.

Chuklr
 
Back
Top