SSD Won't Install Windows 7 Ultimate

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
For some reason my Corsair Force GT won't partition, I put it in an external enclosure, and it formatted fine, but for some reason in Windows 7 Installation I keep getting an error.
This is a common problem on the internet but I don't see a real solution.
DISKPART doesn't work.

I tried IDE mode and AHCI. Right now its in AHCI.

Thanks

Have you tried hooking it up to the power supply and motherboard instead. Tried secure erasing the drive?

Have you tried hooking it up to the power supply and motherboard instead. Tried secure erasing the drive?

I tried Clean on FORMATDISK, but doesnt seem to be working, I dunno. And what do you mean PSU and Mobo?

Seems theres a corrupted Bootmgr, as it says its missing if I don't try to install Windows.

I think he means bypass the external enclosure and directly hook it up to the motherboard with SATA cable/psu connector.

I have done both, in the external it formats fine, but during windows 7 installation, I get that error, this seems to be common for some reason. There might be a driver or something, but no one is clear on what the solution is, at least I havent found one that works.

Similar thread at Tom's

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/2...formatting-partitioning-intel-windows-install

Seems BootMgr is damaged, or corrupted for whatever reason.

There's no technical support phone number on Corsair! And I don't believe the drive needs an RMA. At least I hope not. I just would like to know is there a utility or something I can do? I formatted as a second drive in another computer with Windows 7 Ultimate.

Last edited:
stuff to do with a ssd:

1. update firmware
2. secure erase using parted magic usb stick
3. get the rst drivers from intel website
4. run win 7 install and load the rst driver from usb.

try this steps

Unplug everything but your dvd and the ssd, boot off windows installer, press CTRL+F10 and on the command prompt type:

diskpart
sel dis 0
clean
exit
exit

And continue installing windows as usual.

One other possibility is the ssd is infected with a rootkit, give it a scan with Kaspersky TDSS remover.

Thanks guys I am going to go down the line, can you link the rst drivers I am at work. Thank you

I got Part Magic to work, but not sure if I erased correctly can anyone say the steps, and should I use EFI GPT or the Intel/PC option? Thanks.

Update: Actually its not working, only the utility is, I can't get Parted Magic to boot from Xorg nor Xvesa, anyone have any idea?

Back