• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SSD W/Excellent GC Recommendation

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
19,092
Hello.

I'm looking to replace a HDD with an 2.5" SSD. This system does not have Trim available so I need an SSD that has excellent GC. I'm looking for 90-120GB "ish". It can be Sata Rev. 2.0 or Rev. 3.0.

I've only bought an SSD once, so I am by no means a pro when it comes to what controllers provide the best GC, though I know all do in some form or another. A drive that takes advantage of the great SSD pricing going on right now would be great.

Thanks!
 
The SSD's with Marvell controllers so do fine. Also check out the Samsung.
 
SF doesn't have the best GC in a traditional sense. SF does almost all it's GC during writes, but it's not a bad option. If you can find a good deal on a SF that isn't async for not much more money, I'd get that.
 
Alight, I'll hold off on that drive. Maybe some others will come down in price in the next few weeks.
 
Back
Top