SSD RAID Array for VMs

Litzner

n00b
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
2
I have 5 hosts, hosting 60+ VMs, and I am currently running into IO and throughput issues. So I am looking to build/buy a SSD Raid Array for a VM environment, and put the most IO intensive servers on the SSD Raid Array, and keep the less intensive servers running on the current SANS solutions we have.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can get the best bang for my buck for that, buy and/or build?
 
May want to look at handling this differently. Instead of just straight using SSDs for storage look at like PernixData FVP. It installs on the vSphere hosts and does storage read and write caching for the VMs. Throw some solid SSDs (Intel 3700s) or Fusion ioDrive2 cards in your hosts. You'll see a significant performance impact without the expense of an all flash storage system.
 
I am looking for something a little more spacious, like something I can put SATA SSDs into, and getup to to 12-16 1TB SSDs in.
 
Back
Top