SSD RAID 0 build

MiXdNuTs

Gawd
I used to be a gamer but now I am mostly a boring engineer and I have been out of touch with recent SSD tech. For my work I heavily utilize virtual machines that I have been running off of a pair of raptor 10K rpm drives that have served me well but are starting to show their age. I am looking to replace them with a pair of SSD drives to be used in RAID 0. Total capacity needn't be more than 160GB.
I would like to hear anything you have to offer as far as specific drives goes or even specific tech to avoid.

Thanks. :)

Probably no reason to use RAID 0 of SSDs. Just get a single SSD with necessary capacity. I suggest an Intel X25-M or Crucial C300 now, or wait a month or two for Intel 320 series or Crucial M4.

Absolutely go RAID0. And yeah, the intel's are a great choice.

SSD's in RAID0 take no prisoners and they are blinding fast. I am using 4 64 Crucial c300's on a LSI RAID card and the performance is truly amazing. What you purchase depends on your MB and if will be using your MB SATA ports. Not all boards support SATA III and unless you want to use a RAID card, you will probably be looking SATA II drives. The Intels are the best bet in that category.

Back