• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SSD or new case and CPU cooler

PersonalJ

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
1,795
My current rig is in my sig. I am debating picking up a Crucial C400 as a boot drive next month or getting a CM HAF922 and a Thermaltake Frio for my I7 970. I am presently using a VSK-2000 with two scythe fans that I added myself for intake near my GTX 470s but the case itself is rather cheap. Right now I'm running the 970 with the "stock" intel cooler at 3.7ghz. Cables are an absolute disaster right now and without those additional fans I added the 470s would get too hot and crash.
 
Question is easy when you break it down - do you want to push your i7 with overclocking? If so, yes upgrade the case and cooler. If not, get the harddrive, it'll be more useful to you.
 
Back
Top