SSD Laptop power settings

T07N

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 4, 2003
Messages
115
Hi,

I just hopped on the SSD wagon and I'm trying to find out more about how to configure my laptop for my new hd. So far, I notice that if I run benchmarks in any power saver or balance setting my performance will suffer. If I run in high performance mode with my power cable plugged in then I will get the advertised speed.

I've turned TRIM on and I'm currently in AHCI mode with the latest intel drivers.

Setup:
Lenovo U330
Kingston ssdnow v+100 96gb

Any help is appreciated.
 
Intel chipsets have EXTREMELY aggressive power saving that is forced in, and not disableable in the reg (iirc).

There is quite a bit on NBR to overcome this, but you're going to have to look for those threads.
 
Should I use the MS AHCI driver then?

Wow, I haven't been on here for awhile and I just notice the signature. That's one old school systems. =)
 
AFAIK, the MS one does the same thing since it's still supplied from Intel? I dunno.
 
Back
Top