ssd install, have question

frtl97

Limp Gawd
i installed my intel x25-m ssd , updated the firmware and installed tool box , performed
suggest changes in tool box except for one request it needs dipm. i have to admit i do
not know what this is or how to find it,can someone please inform me of what to do.
i would also like to thank everyone who suggested this drive , i am getting more impressed by the minute.

It's Device Initiated Power Management. I've seen it in the BIOS of some Dells at work, but not all of them.

i contacted intel suppor,hopefully they will enlighten me as what to do. this obviously is a new step for me and hopefully will be a satisfying one. the ssd does perform much faster than the drives it replaced and faster than any of the raptor series i have owned.

well intel said i would get an e-mail within 6 hours, they are late, does this mean they are ignoring me?

got a reply from intel,this is possibly due to a fresh install of windows 7 as windows
seven sp1 apparently addresses these issues, i downloaded sp1 but still have the same
problem if i can call it that, as drive does work beyond my expectations.

solved my problem,removed backup battery and ran firmware again,ssd running optimal.

Back