SSD hunt.

GetFunk01

Gawd
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
856
Im looking to rid my Box of spinning media. A samsung EVO 750GB for 399 was my first choice. Then i found a Refurb OCZ RevoDrive X2 OCZSSDPX-1RVDX0720 for 360. hmmmm???
 
Given OCZ's going out of business and/or being bought out i'd personally stay away from them, good reviews or not.
 
Just my 2 cents. I haven't had a revo drive, but I've had 7 OCZ drives of various generations/controllers. Out of the 7 - 4 of them have failed after time spans of 6mo - 2years. I'd stay away from OCZ.
 
Personally, I tend to stick to intel SSD's. All my other kit is intel (mobo, cpu, even LAN cards), and I never had compatibility issues.

I don't know if compatibility is still an issue these days, but I got burned in the early days with an ASUS mobo and OCZ SSD,
 
You can't go wrong with Samsung, Crucial, or Plextor. Some of the SanDisk offerings are good, as well. Intel is good, but I view them as overpriced for the capacity.

I'd be all over that Evo 750GB at that price.
 
Back
Top