• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SSD Help

ferrisnox

Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
775
As background I'm a heavy PC user for work and fun. I have used a OCZ Vertex 60Gb SSD over the years and lately have been thinking of upgrading for more capacity. I do have secondary drives and such, but its just so nice having all the software on the ssd.

Anyways I have had a pretty good experience with OCZ, but have done my fair share of destructive firmware flashes over the years. I have been looking between a Crucial M4 or a Vertex 3. Now I'm only on a Sata II board so I know I won't get the full speed and that's fine as long as the drive will be stable. I'm looking for 120Gb minimum 240 if I can afford it. Hopefully this new SSD will last me through my next build. I have read some real horror stories OCZ is having with their new SandForce controllers which kind of scares me. Has anyone used one in a similar motherboard as me? GA-X58-USB3 Everything I heard about the M4 is that it is totally solid and legit. lol

Thanks All!
 
I would go for the M4. If you are buying now there is/was a promo for 15% off at Newegg - makes it an even easier call.
 
Back
Top