• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SSD Flash HDD

fatpirate

n00b
Joined
Dec 22, 2006
Messages
34
So Engadget said that there will be 16g and 32g Flash drives available soon....for under $200. Will flash drive memory be a good alternative and better performance than a Raptor?
 
I could see flash drives being a good option for Pagefiles, since I am assuming that their access time is significantly lower than what is offered on traditional drives. I was under the impression that the STR of flash based drives is quite a bit lower than what spindle drives offer, which may be detrimental to their desktop performance. In the end, until someone runs some "real world" benchmarks on them, there is no way of knowing.


There are quite a few applications where other properties of flash based SSD's come in handy: They are rugged, shock resistant and consume little power (I assume), which makes them prime suspects for mobile applications.
 
Back
Top