• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SSD Failing?

FromTheLou

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
1,118
I've been seeing some wierd issues ever since I switched over to my OCZ Vertex drive. After initial install Win7 x64, everything seems to work fine for a month or two. But then I seem to get what appears to be data corruption after reboots. Applications won't load and a reinstall is the only way to get them to work again. After a while Windows start failing and the only way to get a useable system is to perform a reinstall. Now after a reboot it takes about 8 mins to reboot while it fixes orphaned files and errors in index entries.

Any ideas on what I can do to a.) prove that this is an issue with the SSD and b.) fix/prevent it from happening in the future?

System info:
i7 920
eVGA x58 mATX
OCZ Vertex (1.6)
 
first thing I would do, is replace the SATA cable.
if issues persist, try a different SATA port on the motherboard.

if issues still persist, I would (atleast temporarily) replace the HDD if a spare is available, to verify the issue doesn't persist with another hdd.
If issues are resolved with a different HDD, then RMA the SSD.
 
Back
Top