SSD Bootmgr missing...

TheCur

[H]F Junkie
So I just had the BOOTMGR Missing error come up on my Intel 80GB SSD.

I popped in my Win 7 Pro disc and started recovery tools. Got to the point to load the AHCI driver and it just kept failing. Tried a couple different downloaded version and none would install. "Installation failed". It's the correct ICH9R driver for the Gigabyte mobo. Could see the correct files on the USB.

I could not get System recovery to see the OS install no matter what I tried. It does see the drive and identifies it during the AHCI load screen after POST.

There are files on the drive I need to recover.

Thoughts?

The Microsoft AHCI driver should support ICH9R, so IMHO there is no need to install the Intel driver.
Can you put the SSD in another computer or use a Linux boot disk and look at the SMART data?

You can use the Windows boot disk and at least look at the partition table with diskpart.

Last edited:
The Microsoft AHCI driver should support ICH9R, so IMHO there is no need to install the Intel driver.
Can you put the SSD in another computer or use a Linux boot disk and look at the SMART data?

You can use the Windows boot disk and at least look at the partition table with diskpart.

That's what I thought, but no, I could not get the boot disk to see the OS install, or even the disk.

I put it in another Win 7 machine and was only able to see the 7Mb partition, not the OS install.

Ugh.

Back