• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SSD as bottleneck?

the.ronin

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
508
I don’t put much faith in the “Windows Exoerience Index” but I find it odd that it’s rating my OCZ Vertex as the bottlenck at 6.9. Across the board I’ve got 7.3.

System specs are in my sig. My 9950 BE is OC’ed to 3.1 stable and the Vertex is averaging 191 write. Mobo’s got the AMD SB710 chipset.
 
Then don't. WEI has been known to be wrong. And provide inaccurate info.

Why, I still remember that thread on EOCF a while ago that some guy was tripping because WEI rated his GTX 295 "only" at 4.9 while us with the lowly GTX260 and even 8600GT were maxing out at 5.9 (Vista Ultimate). Turns out he only needed a reformat. :rolleyes:

If you put a lot of emphasis on WEI, you will never get anywhere.
 
Agreed ....

My score at first with my OCZ Agility 60 GB was 7.1 than later it went down to 6.6 now its 6.7

Go figure
 
I personally use AS SSD and CrystalDiskMark instead. While they aren't indicative of real world performance, they are much better general benchmarks for determining whether your drive is operating within spec.

Seems like the Indilinix 1.5 firmware is the best to date. I've had it on my Agility 120GB for two weeks without any degredation.
 
I believe they take into account free space and storage drives as well.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Back
Top