srvnet.sys

Fazzar

Limp Gawd
I get a blue screen off death everytime I install new video card drivers upon attempting to reboot. This happens for different video cards of both the ATI and Nvidia variety.

The one thing that is always they same on the BSOD is this: srvnet.sys

Any ideas? I've tried driver sweeper and reg cleaner.

Computer specs, OS info, etc should be usefull to help diagnose the problem.

I'm kind of a computer idiot... is there a log file or anything that I can share?

Beyond that:

Vista 32-bit
Alienware Build (Nvidia chipset)
4 gig ram (passes mem-test)

I get this BSOD every single time after rebooting for a new video driver install. It has done this for my 8800gtx, 280gtx and ATI 5870.

If you can get your machine to boot, try doing

Code:
sfc /scannow

from a command prompt.

I believe this file was patched for a vulnerability. It may be compromised which is why it's causing the problem. Please don't be alarmed, as it may not be related at all, but it's worth checking out.

You might also want to do a windows update and make sure you're at the latest service pack level.

Thanks. I'll give it awhirl. I do know that I have the most recent service pack.

My machine boots fine... it's just during video card driver install that I get the BSOD.

I ran the sfc /scannow. It found no integrity problems. Any other ideas? The majority of the time when I shut down now I get the BSOD and it points to srvnet.sys.

Thanks.

Do you have AVG installed? If so, uninstall it and see if the problem continues.

Also -- can you post the stop error from the BSOD?

I have uninstalled AVG.... so far so good.

How can I get a log of the stop error to post? It must be logged somewhere right?

Check the system event log to see if something is there... but if uninstalling AVG fixed your problem, you might not need to worry about it. I saw lots of reports of this happening with AVG.

Don't leave yourself unprotected, though -- get Microsoft Security Essentials installed...

http://microsoft.com/securityessentials

Back