SRC Computers X5DL8-GG

nts402

n00b

SRC Computers Mapstation 2.4ghz​

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple older servers bought from University Auction that I couldn't identify. This one in particular is of interest, open box never used.

It's got a Supermicro X5DL8-GG motherboard, looks loaded everything in tact. When I tried to boot it about 2 years ago I got stuck in grub rescue, although I can probably boot now. I haven't been able to find any information on it except that is was one of the first machines to implement a type of reconfigurable language in C, anyone have any information on this ? I'd love to share the rest if they are of interest!

info

Thanks in advance for any help (pics attached)
IMG_0796.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG

It’s basically an old Socket 604 Xeon box.
thanks for your reply. Not much use your right, just for parts.

I have a lot of 1U - 5U, some super chassis like this, ranging from 1996-2012. Lately I have just been pulling parts and I'm getting ready to recycle a lot of the empties, any use for these pieces of metal aside from recycling?

thanks for your reply. Not much use your right, just for parts.

I have a lot of 1U - 5U, some super chassis like this, ranging from 1996-2012. Lately I have just been pulling parts and I'm getting ready to recycle a lot of the empties, any use for these pieces of metal aside from recycling?
Not really. A lot of kit from back then was proprietary form factor - I've used them literally as shelves before in a rack, if I was missing a rack kit, but that's about it.

Have any that can fit a full ATX board? If so I might be interested depends on where you are though as shipping is the deal killer on these things!
proprietary form factor
I see 6 slots ATX is 7 and MicroATX is 4!

Have any that can fit a full ATX board? If so I might be interested depends on where you are though as shipping is the deal killer on these things!

Doesn’t mean the screws are in the right spots!

12 × 9.6? Yeah definitely, and shipping is pretty much the reason why I recycle them, although I kept one or two for projects down the line - Northern Alabama. A recycling fee of whatever it would get at a local recycler would be all I'd want aside from shipping actual.

Some of these parts are pretty gnarly, a lot of them have p/n from SRC Computers. This mexico MF Delphi SRC part is interesting, jtag in jtag babby! , lol

Doesn’t mean the screws are in the right spots!

True, maybe plug and drill, not sure if worth it TBH

Attachments

• IMG_1744.JPG
    IMG_1744.JPG
    417.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1745.JPG
    IMG_1745.JPG
    475.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1746.JPG
    IMG_1746.JPG
    497.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1747.JPG