SRBase

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
This is a new project and is being added to BOINCStats. The team has been set up and should be ready to go.

Currently, their app list only shows Windows CPU work units.

http://srbase.myfirewall.org/sr5/

teamdaily.php

Last edited:
I joined this project yesterday, but they aren't sending out much work and I haven't received any WU's to crunch yet. I hope they will start sending out work regularly soon. I'd really like to see how this runs compared to PrimeGrid.

I will only posting primes on bases <70k left. Its too much effort to find out who has found one. Notice: all primes after 200k runs could be a TOP5000 prime. To get more famous than how much primes you have found is to solve a base or get a TOP5000 prime.

http://srbase.myfirewall.org/sr5/forum_thread.php?id=187

I'm not a fan of this decision but then again I'm not the one man team running the project either...

Yeah, I agree. I don't like the decision, either. But, it is what it is. He is a one man show. I can't say I blame him, I guess. I love crunching these math projects anyway, so it won't stop me. I just wish my efforts here were helping us at FB or DC Vault.

Does rebirther run any other projects? I am trying to figure out where I have seen him previously. On another note, it is pretty funny that he is the UOTD at SRBase today. Unfortunate random pick.

Yeah, I agree. I don't like the decision, either. But, it is what it is. He is a one man show. I can't say I blame him, I guess. I love crunching these math projects anyway, so it won't stop me. I just wish my efforts here were helping us at FB or DC Vault.

Does rebirther run any other projects? I am trying to figure out where I have seen him previously. On another note, it is pretty funny that he is the UOTD at SRBase today. Unfortunate random pick.

He is active in many places, but he is a mod at BitcoinUtopia. He has done the majority of the "official" replies when Henry doesn't. You will find that others and myself have made comparisons to the poor organization of information being posted at both projects. They both link back mostly to him.

If anyone tries to hit this project you can run work units multi-threaded with an app_config

<app_config>
<app_version>
<app_name>srbase5</app_name>
<cmdline>-t4</cmdline>
<max_concurrent>1</max_concurrent>
</app_version>
<app_version>
<app_name>srbase11</app_name>
<cmdline>-t4</cmdline>
</app_version>
<app_version>
<app_name>srbase12</app_name>
<cmdline>-t4</cmdline>
</app_version>
<project_max_concurrent>4</project_max_concurrent>
</app_config>

A list of app names are

srbase = Sierpinski / Riesel Base
srbase2 = Riesel Base
srbase3 = Sierpinski Base
srbase4 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - short
srbase5 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - long
srbase6 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - average
srbase7 = Riesel Base - short
srbase8 = Sierpinski Base - short
srbase9 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - average2
srbase10 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - average3
srbase11 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - long2
srbase12 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - long

The longer work units score better. However, I would recommend keeping your thread usage to 4-12 per task. Just my thoughts.

Here is the app_config.xml I am using for SRBase that utilizes 4 threads per WU (supposedly found to be the best for LLR work - I have not verified this, but am running with it). This covers every type of WU that SRBase can send. Adjust the first number (project max concurrent) based on the number of CPU threads you want to use for SRBase. When I run these Floating Point intensive projects like SRBase and PrimeGrid, I use the app_config to effectively disable Hyper-Threading by using only 50% of the total threads available. In this app_config I have it set to 2, because this is the one I use in my 9900K rig. In my 4790K rigs, I use 1. In my TR 1950X/2950X rigs I use 4, in my 2970WX I use 6, and in my 2990WX I use 8.

<app_config>

<project_max_concurrent>2</project_max_concurrent>
<report_results_immediately/>

<app_version>

<app_name>srbase</app_name>
<cmdline>-t4</cmdline>
<avg_ncpus>4</avg_ncpus>

</app_version>

<app_version>

<app_name>srbase2</app_name>
<cmdline>-t4</cmdline>
<avg_ncpus>4</avg_ncpus>