SR-2 Memory

osrk

[H]ard|Gawd
Can someone point me at the right memory to buy for this beast? Picked up 2 L5639s cheap and got the board on sale at newegg. I'm looking for a good balance of speed and price (e.g. I don't want the slowest/cheapest but i don't want the fastest/most expensive).

I am running two of these sets. They work flawlessly and OC very well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I used Kingston HyperX 1GB sticks exclusively when I ran SR-2s - either 1600 C8 or 2000 C9 1.65V.

It can be finicky, yes, however look at some links given above, of what people are / have used. Depending on what you need (mem space wise).

I only paid $30 a pop for the kits I linked, got them on sale back then, if they drop that low again, im loading it up with another 24gb.

Can someone point me at the right memory to buy for this beast? Picked up 2 L5639s cheap and got the board on sale at newegg. I'm looking for a good balance of speed and price (e.g. I don't want the slowest/cheapest but i don't want the fastest/most expensive).

I'm curious if this would be faster than just getting a 4770k. I realise you have more cores/threads but I was doing some compares with some older xeons and render times with sketchup/twilight renderer and it seemed it was not worth it.

lets keep this on topic, if you are interested in discussing the merits of a 2p setup, please take it to another thread.

That said - It is very use dependent, and is why I would prefer it to be in an ontopic thread, such as this one where your exact question is addressed.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1783604

Yes, check my link above, I use the same size combo Ripjaw X, however the 1600 stuff.

woah, non ECC RAM in 2P? I have not seen that. There's always guys on here selling 4Gb and bigger ECC sticks. ANybody using ECC in the SR-2? I'm in a 2P supermicro right now.

Back