Squealing Antec Neo Power 480

My Antec Neo makes a high pitched noise, similar to of a tv that is on but not displaying anything. It has something to do with where the power cable plugs in since fiddling with the cable temporarly relieves the problem. I have tried different cables, that didn't help. Has anyone esle had this problem?

Contact Antec tech support & they will set up an RMA.
Something (coil probably) didn't get "potted" correctly.

Good Luck,
Dave ;)

Cover your eyes and ears whenever you're closer than 6" of the back of your case. If it's anything like the dozens of whistling Antec's I've had... She's gonna BLOW! :D

But if it's under warranty do as Dave says and call Antec..... NOW!!!!!

I am not sure what the deal is with Antec and the NeoPower line, I work part time at a computer tech shop and I pulled three of them off the shelf to find they all had shipping damage. Out of the next three after that, two of them failed within two weeks of being opened and installed.

My own NeoPower that I used to own, was replaced when I went to the Opteron setup, as it wasn't EPS 12v compliant. However, I never had issues with that original PSU. Lately though, I've gotten to where I don't trust the NeoPower anymore. Too many issues with them as of late. All their other PSU's seem to be fine though.

Back