Squeaky sounds during idle?

eLus1ve

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
294
Everytime I plug a headphone/earphone in to the jack it makes these feint but very hearable squeaky noises when I'm doing nothing. If I turn the volume down all the way it goes away but if I leave the volume back on I can hear it again. It's really annoying :rolleyes: Anyone have any solution to fix this?
 
Damn! My magic hat is busted again.
Are you seeking a way to fix this problem or is this just a rant?
 
eLus1ve said:
Everytime I plug a headphone/earphone in to the jack it makes these feint but very hearable squeaky noises when I'm doing nothing. If I turn the volume down all the way it goes away but if I leave the volume back on I can hear it again. It's really annoying :rolleyes: Anyone have any solution to fix this?
sounds like electrical-interference noise. are you using onboard sound? there's not really much you can do to prevent it. my laptop used to always do this...

what you may want to try is turning your master volume down and your wave volume up, or buy a better sound card!
 
Zinn said:
sounds like electrical-interference noise. are you using onboard sound? there's not really much you can do to prevent it. my laptop used to always do this...

what you may want to try is turning your master volume down and your wave volume up, or buy a better sound card!

Second that. If you don't want to spend the money on a seperate soundcard then just upgrade your motherboard to something like the K8T-NEO2 Platinum and throw in an FX-57.

That's my $.02.
 
Back
Top