• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SquareTrade on Monitors

striker444

Gawd
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
520
Hello all,

I did a search and couldn't really find an answer on this one. Has anyone claimed a broken monitor with SquareTrade? If so what was the outcome? Did they give you the cash or attempt to repair it? How long was the turnaround time? From searching around I see lots of people purchased the warranties (especially with the Korean purchased ones) but I can't find anything about anyone actually having to go through SquareTrade. Reason asking is around next year I plan on getting a cheap Korean IPS that can overclock to 120hz, I would feel comfy with a warranty but if its a hassle I mine as well just risk going without one.

Thank you
 
would love to know as well -- I'm about to pull the trigger on a Qnix 27" Korean panel -- wish I had a coupon code for SquareTrade.

Total price delivered with warranty is 358 -- not bad considering I can sell my own 27" for 150 easily.
 
http://pages.ebay.com/warranty/squaretrade.html - Just to add the link. We know it's $50 for the Qnix monitors.

Question: Squaretrade warranty is for "normal use." It seems that many people have had to open up the monitor to fix the panel-play, alignment, and/or backlight bleeding. Does anyone think this sort of mod would void the squaretrade warranty?

I suppose we could easily open the monitor and undo the work (which seems to often involve removable electrical tape). I don't have any qualms about doing that because...eh, I think this mod is harmless.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I took a glance at the specifics of the SquareTrade warranty -- and basically it sounds like instead of dealing with an overseas korean company you deal with them, if they can get the ebay seller to replace or refund, cool, if not they pick up the tab on replaceament or repair.

No clue if the korean monitors (Qnix is the one I ordered today) have advanced tamper stickers on them that would show if someone's been inside them or not. Hoping I get a "perfect' panel such that I don't have to tinker with a lose screen or any crap like that. Really wished I had a SquareTrade code, but I guess in the end paying 50 bucks to be covered in case of this thing taking a dump after 6 months is worth it. Since apparently the warranty isn't serial based, I'm wondering if I pick up a 2nd Qnix in the coming months, if I would "need" to get a 2nd warranty.... or just chance it that if either goes out, I have a warranty to cover either of them (since they are identical)

In a perfect world I'd never need to use the coverage (and square trade keeps the money and profits) but for $50 out the window I expect some generous guarantees and an easy process of coverage should something go wrong.
 
Back
Top