Spyware Program conflicts

icehokplyr

Limp Gawd
Could anyone advise if a conflict could occur running Spybot S&D along with Spyware Blaster on my rig at the same time? I have all of the following and I'm just curious:

Spybot S&D (I have the resident tea timer activated)
Spyware Blaster
Ad-Ware SE Personal
Zone Alarm Firewall
Windows XP Firewall
AVG (free edition)

Also, Do I need the Spyware Blaster if I have the tea timer activated in Spybot S&D? I'm worried about any conflicts.
Thank in advance:)

SpywareBlaster is not really going to conflict with anything seeing as it has no TSR component. You just run it, enable all the protections, update it, re-enable all the new protections then close the program. All it really does is set up blocking rules in your browser to disallow cookies from known undesirable sites and disallow activeX controls from bad sites. There is no real-time component to conflict with other programs.

icehokplyr said:
What about the windows firewall and my zone alarm? Anything there?

Thanks again.

What about them? SpywareBlaster doesn't care about them or them about SpywareBlaster.

I would recommend only ONE software firewall. Probably just the ZA one. It's not better protection to run both at the same time, just a bigger headache. It's sort of like running 2 anti-virus programs at the same time. Things usually grind to a halt since they are both tripping over each other.

The tea timer in Spybot just watches out for changes to startup registry locations so programs can't sneak into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key or the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key.

It warns you of changes and allows or disallows changes to these areas. This potentially could conflict with the Microsoft Anti-Spyware real-time monitor, but in my experience I run both without a problem so it seems to be a non-issue.

Back