• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Spybot Error: What Does This Mean?

TheDepths

n00b
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
34
Upon running scans, when it gets to a certain point I get the following error pop-up:

"There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search _Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi
See 'Include errors.log' for details."


It continues the scan afterwards, but what does this mean? It's not scanning for Trojans properly?

I cannot find any Include error log either, anywhere.

I just reformatted this drive last night, and it was doing this before as well, so I'm assuming there's got to be something up with Spybot's recent updates or something? It cant be the install or my HDD, because I have three drivers it's doing the same thing on, and just reformatted this one last night.

Thanks in advance.
 
I got the same exact message when I scanned today.
Have no idea what it means & I also could not find the log file it mentions anywhere.

Anyone???
 
Nothing against SpyBot... but, it's really not all that effective anymore... unfortunate as it was once a great spyware app.. but it seems to be seriously lacking anymore..

I have found SuperAntiSpyware to be very effective.. you might want to give it a try..

As to the issues you are having with SpyBot.. sorry, I can't help....
 
I just checked what updates are available today and there are 2

updated base possibly unpopular software detections.
most up to date detections.

I thinkt he first one is the most likely culprit
 
Back
Top