Sprint/Verizon aircard for home network

KuJaX

[H]F Junkie
Is there a writeup or piece of equipment that will allow people with Sprint/Verizon aircard to basically beam internet into their house? I chatted with someone today where the only thing he can get is ISDN and he is going to be having three computers in the house and thinks that a Sprint/Verizon card would be a better solution. Any recommendations?

This is only a theory, but you could get a PCMCIA to PCI adapter, and put the Verizon Aircard into that, and do internet connection sharing on the PC with the card ? Maybe

J

Our salespeople use those.... signal is OK at best....speed is god aweful for one computer, let alone 3

I use one and get DSL speeds in metro area such as DC and Richmond. Slower speeds at my house since it is in the country.

J

There are some routers out there that work with evdo cards.

Kyocera makes one..
http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/kr1-router/

Basically it's very similar to any Linksys or DLink or whatever...home broadband router. 4x LAN ports, NAT, a web admin at 192.168, etc etc. Only difference is..instead of the ethernet port on the WAN side to plug into the cable or DSL modem..it has a PCMCIA slot in which you slam your Sierra card or whatever you got from the cell phone store.

First I would make sure evdo is in the area that your friend is going to use it in. If not sat may be the way to go. Also I seem to recall verizon cutting some people off for using it in this way but they were downloading lots and lots of gigs over it a month.

Back