Sprint Sero Plan

nilepez

[H]F Junkie
I'm sure this has been covered in the past, but today is the last day of the openacess Sero promotion.

SERO stands for Sprint Employee Referral Program. Normally ou need an employee to refer you to get the plan (and they were limited to 5 referrals for 2006), but on 12/3 they opened it up the the general public.

Anyway, go to www.sprint.com/sero enter the email address [email protected]

The plan includes
500 anytime minutes
Unl Nights/Weekends
Nights/Weekends start at 7PM
Unlimited PCS Vision or Power Vision (with Picture mail/video mail)
Free PCS 2 PCS calls

There's probably more, but you can read about it at that site.

Current Sprint customers can get this, but doing so AND keeping your current phone number is generally not easy. Most will tell you to go to the link above. If you can get someone to do it on the phone, they are not required to change your number, even though the plan states that you must.

Another way to do it is to call retentions and tell them you can't get teh plan and keep your number and you're gonig to cancel your service if htey can't help you.....you may not get sero, but you may get something just as good or better....however, you need to be willing to cancel if you go that route.

i hate sprint with a passion and because of their poor service and ignorance to customer feedback they have permanently lost a customer for life and i will never revert back to sprint.

I worked for them for nearly 2 years. When them hurricane's hit they told us we had to force sales onto the customer. It was fu cking disgusting.

I love Sprint, you just have to know how to talk with them and keep asking for stuff. My plan is unbeatable. Anytime I've had a problem I call and we usually work it out rather easily.

Wife and I got 2 KRZR's for 100 each and our plan includes:

700 Anytime(shared)
7pm nights and weekends
Unlimited Phone to phone
No vision(I think it's pretty worthless)

Comes out to 54 dollars a month total. I think it's pretty good.

BlueAqua said:
I love Sprint, you just have to know how to talk with them and keep asking for stuff. My plan is unbeatable. Anytime I've had a problem I call and we usually work it out rather easily.

Wife and I got 2 KRZR's for 100 each and our plan includes:

700 Anytime(shared)
7pm nights and weekends
Unlimited Phone to phone
No vision(I think it's pretty worthless)

Comes out to 54 dollars a month total. I think it's pretty good.

Actually, that's kind of crappy. :)

I was able to get 2 blackjacks, 1000 minutes for $100 each, and $60 a month.
all other features same. 7pm, etc..
/edit - sorry.. I am paying $70 a month for my 1000 minutes, which, by comparison to your plan, should be $77+ (1000 / 700 = 1.42 x $54 = $77 and change)

And.. my phone works IN MY HOUSE, unlike my sprint/nextel, or my t-mobile.

At wirefly, you coulda got your phones for FREE. (the plan is listed at $70 a month though.. so, have to work on that part of it)

CyberDeus-RagDoll said:

/edit - sorry.. I am paying $70 a month for my 1000 minutes, which, by comparison to your plan, should be $77+ (1000 / 700 = 1.42 x $54 = $77 and change)

At wirefly, you coulda got your phones for FREE. (the plan is listed at $70 a month though.. so, have to work on that part of it)

no broadband access?

Liver said:
no broadband access?
Didn't want it. :)
I don't use my PDA to surf the web. I have a laptop for that :)

But a WMP, mini-excel, contact management pda / mp3 / camera phone for $100 that runs actual windows is pretty good.

CyberDeus-RagDoll said:

I think $54 is way better than $77, but that's just me in the Hot Deals section.

BlueAqua said:
I think $54 is way better than $77, but that's just me in the Hot Deals section.
Reading comprehension, FTW.

I said my plan is $70 for 1000 minutes.

$54 for 700 minutes = 7.7 / per minute of talk time

$69.99 for 1000 minutes 7 cents / per minute of talk time.

YOUR plan is 10% more costly than mine, per minute.
YOU also paid $100 a pop for krzr's

I paid $100 a pop for samsung blackjacks.

The samsung blackjack is a FAR superior phone to the krzr.

KRZR msrp = $249.99
Blackjack msrp = $499.99

Of course, I -NEED- 1000 minutes a month for that shared plan.
If you DON'T need 1000 minutes a month, a smaller plan makes more sense, however, the "price per minute" is lower on the 1000 minute plan.

Since sprint doesn't have a 1000 minute plan, I can only use 700 minutes "expanded" as 1000 minutes as a contrast comparison.

Translation

YOU got $500.00 worth of phones, + 16,800 minutes for $1,496 + taxes, fees, blah blah

I got $1,000 worth of phones + 24,000 minutes for $1,879.76 + tax, fees, blah blah.

If you subtract phone "value", you're paying $996 for 16,800 minutes, and I'm paying $879 for 24,000 minutes.

Make sense which is the better deal, yet?

Getting back to the original post
The plans offered, if you like sprint, are quite nice.

Devil 24's 1250 minutes for $50 is better than what I got !

I've been with Sprint since June 1st, 2006, when I signed up with them with a SERO plan.

This is what I got:

Plan: Sprint SERO Fair & Flexible w/1250 anytime minutes ($49.99)

Features: America Roaming, NwLD, unlimited N&W, unlimited Power Vision, unlimited M2M, 3WC, TEP ($6), 7PM nights (free, got it before Sprint made this standard), 500 SMS (free), FMF (free), 20% Corp discount and a $5 Preferred Customer monthly credit for 24 months.

Average monthly bill after taxes, fees and all credits: $54.50.

Btw, I kept my same number. I just kept my old provider for about 1.5 weeks before I did the LNP transfer.

Even if you don't get the corp discount, SERO is one heck of a deal.

UGH.

So I called sprint and tried to do this. I'm a current customer, and I've been with sprint, with the same phone number for 5 years. What a nightmare!

First time I got ahold of someone in the Philippines, she didn't know what I was talking about. Next time around, the guy didn't know what I was talking about, but he immediately started looking, and even looked at the website nilepez has posted. He was actually being very helpful, and I think I could have gotten him to go through with it, except that somehow I was disconnected halfway through the conversation. I think what happened was, we were discussing my location, and he changed it, while I was just asking him for what my local offerings were. (I'm military, so I move around enough that I keep a single billing address at my parents house, which happens to be where my phone bills to as well.) So anyway, he changed the billing address and when he did that it automatically changed my phone number. About 30 seconds later the disconnection came. I thought nothing of it at first, under the assumption that he wasn't ACTUALLY changing my billing address, but instead was looking at the plans for my current area. So fast forward a few hours and I try to make a phone call. It rings a few times, then I get an automated recording from Sprint that says my phone can't be validated. So I call Sprint immediately, and the woman says it'll take until Tuesday to get it sorted out. She apparently discussed this with her supervisor, and they agreed that the easiest fix is to assign the currently assigned phone number as a temporary number until Tuesday. So now I'm using a temporary phone number. This is insane!

I was only trying to find out if they would let me upgrade my plan (it would essentially save me $10 a month) and maybe get a new phone for cheap (have my eye on the Razer, and for $50 that's cheap!) but now it's all a mess, and I regret even attempting it.

Any advice for following up with this?

Sniper, sorry to hear about your problems. I'd try calling (888) 211-4727...first try regular CS, then activation....if that fails, say cancel.

Be nice, but say you're really peeved that they changed messed up your phone and say if they can't fix it, you're going to switch carriers. What's the worsed thing that can happen? You already don't have any service :rolleyes:

My guess is you'll end up getting some a nice credit min.

You can also try 888 876-8381. I think that the business unit, so they may be better at their job.....of course I'm not sure what you'll get on New Years Day, but it's worth a shot.

nilepez said:
Sniper, sorry to hear about your problems. I'd try calling (888) 211-4727...first try regular CS, then activation....if that fails, say cancel.

Be nice, but say you're really peeved that they changed messed up your phone and say if they can't fix it, you're going to switch carriers. What's the worsed thing that can happen? You already don't have any service :rolleyes:

My guess is you'll end up getting some a nice credit min.

You can also try 888 876-8381. I think that the business unit, so they may be better at their job.....of course I'm not sure what you'll get on New Years Day, but it's worth a shot.

Thank you for the encouragement. It's been an uphill battle ALL DAY with them. Multiple calls, disconnections etc. And no-one has any answers. Just "well it looks like this happened."
I KNOW! I WAS THERE!

Anyway, I'll fight tomorrow some more, hopefully when they get it working again, if it's not working by morning..... I want a new phone dammit!

Sprint's business customer service no-wait/no-hold phone number is 866-581-9266.

^^Yes that can be done and then ask for them to transfer you.....but the key is to tell them that you want them to place you on hold and come back with an additional voice.......tell them you do not want to go in the phone line as you have been in the business line for quite some time. Normally works with most industries

The customer service side of the business at Sprint makes me embarrased to say I've worked for them for over six years. Those of us on the back end really do try hard. I just don't understand how the customer facing side of the business can possibly be so bad.

If you can get the deal, go for it. Personally, I've never had another carrier for service and don't forsee it changing. I've never had a dropped call (do these really happen as much as people talk about? Could it be the phone itself? This one baffles me.) and the service area has been good. Once you actually get your order in, they do a bang-up job getting your phone to you.

For those who thing this deal is dead think again.............. I just don't this when you use the original refferal email address [email protected] well that doesnt work anymore because the deal it dead.......Well peep this. I just used a few random common names and BAM! IT worked.

John.Smith <-----worked but used all his referrals.

James.Jones <--------- Worked!

Use your imagination. :D

I have like 500 minutes, nights and weekend at 8, unlimited vision, texting, and picture mail (grandfathered vision from a few years)

for like 50$ a month. The only way i can get a better deal is if i get a SERO plan, and i will probably still pay more for the texting.

Plus i actually get service at the dorms in school with my phone. Sprint is pretty damn good, and my plan is way too nice to lose.

My only problem with sprint is the fact that i didnt get my 150 rebate because i didnt have my other phone for 18 months. That sucked

tremor said:
The customer service side of the business at Sprint makes me embarrased to say I've worked for them for over six years. Those of us on the back end really do try hard. I just don't understand how the customer facing side of the business can possibly be so bad.

If you can get the deal, go for it. Personally, I've never had another carrier for service and don't forsee it changing. I've never had a dropped call (do these really happen as much as people talk about? Could it be the phone itself? This one baffles me.) and the service area has been good. Once you actually get your order in, they do a bang-up job getting your phone to you.

I've had periods of time where a call that doesn't get dropped at some point is the exception to the rule. Sprints voicemail has a minor issue too. I frequently find that if i don't delete or push a button to save it the message, MWI stays on, on the phone. At one time this was an issue with Nortel's switches, but that was fixed years ago and it now appears the voicemail system either has a bug or has an odd (if not incorrect) configuration.

A friend switched to verizon a few years ago and has had much more reliable service. Calls aren't missed/dropped, but Verizon was always pricier (by a wide margin, as I recall) and aside from when i go out of town, I don't really spend that much time on my phone, so the problems are tolerable, even for me.

DaRat said:
The only way i can get a better deal is if i get a SERO plan, and i will probably still pay more for the texting.

Unlimited texting is at most a $10.00 option. Some people get it for free, but most of the time the best you'll get is $8.00. I have none, and don't care, since I find SMS an incredibly slow way to communicate.

That said, I think that Sero may come with free incoming text messaging. If so, then I'm set, because half the time I just call the person back if they text me.

SignalSoldier said:
For those who thing this deal is dead think again.............. I just don't this when you use the original refferal email address [email protected] well that doesnt work anymore because the deal it dead.......Well peep this. I just used a few random common names and BAM! IT worked.

John.Smith <-----worked but used all his referrals.

James.Jones <--------- Worked!

Use your imagination. :D

Just keep in mind that if James.Jones wants to refer somebody this year and finds that his referrals are all gone, it may trigger and audit and cause you to be tossed off the system.

Each person gets 6 referrals for 2007.

Yeah I thought about that.......I got in on open access yesterday. Getting tossed in the latter may be a good thing later if you want to weasel your way out of a contract :)

Update to my situation.

My Mom called me today and told me that my old (as of yesterday!) phone number has already been re-assigned to someone else, which is completely crazy. But I've got a ticket in with a reference number detailing my problem and that Sprint is going to reassign my phone number to me. Let's hope they actually do this, as THEY changed it without my consent in the first place! On top of that, their customer service is CLOSED today in recognition of the holiday. I have no problem with that, give them a day off, whatever, I'm just upset that this is STILL a problem.

I've attempted to contact the new "owner" of my phone number, explaining what's going on, but I only got his(?) or my(?) voicemail.

Will keep you updated.

sniperchicken said:
Update to my situation.

My Mom called me today and told me that my old (as of yesterday!) phone number has already been re-assigned to someone else, which is completely crazy. But I've got a ticket in with a reference number detailing my problem and that Sprint is going to reassign my phone number to me. Let's hope they actually do this, as THEY changed it without my consent in the first place! On top of that, their customer service is CLOSED today in recognition of the holiday. I have no problem with that, give them a day off, whatever, I'm just upset that this is STILL a problem.

I've attempted to contact the new "owner" of my phone number, explaining what's going on, but I only got his(?) or my(?) voicemail.

Will keep you updated.

Sniperchicken, you are so going to get a GREAT plan on the cheap from Sprint.

Be nice, but firmly state that you're ready to leave unless they make it right....shoot for everything you've ever wanted for a roughly $30.00 bill. They can get you the vision for $15.00 with a $10.00 credit. They can give you 7pm for free, PCS-PCS for free, a 15% loyalty discount and if you get a discount form your employer, they can let you keep that.

Make no bones about it, say they've taken your phone number, so there's no reason to stay unless they give you a reason to stay (and I'd say that even if you get your number back). They screwed up big time.

After two months of talking with central/southern Asians and about 5 months of bogus overcharges, I was able to get a free release from my service contract with Sprint. They waived the fee and I was happy. Then two months later I get a bill for two cancellation fees. I call and get another asian, who can barely understand english, much less my complex situation. It took 3 hours on my dime to tell her how I was charged twice, one should be taken off for the faulty charge, and the second because sprint agreed to waive my cancellation fee after hours of CS phone calls to fix continuous faulty charges. I'd rather burn my money than give it to sprint.

for what it is worth.

I called the SERO phone number (the one to activate by phone). Immediately the recording said, they have no access to your phone number or history so be prepared to sign up and activate a new phone.

Once I got a hold of someone, which was quite awhile, but it was new years eve. I sheepishly asked if I could use my existing number. If he was standing infront of me his look would have been, "of course you dumbass."

No problems getting getting a treo phone and 1250 anytime for 49.99+taxes. With the same guy, my fiance signed up, so we got the same deal times 2. We thought of the shared plan, but the shared plan only had 500 anytime minutes, if it had been over 1500 we would have done that instead.

Now to see if it actually goes through. Should have it by Friday.

Liver said:
We thought of the shared plan, but the shared plan only had 500 anytime minutes, if it had been over 1500 we would have done that instead.

Now to see if it actually goes through. Should have it by Friday.

You never know. Did you tell them that you are already a sprint customer? That said, there's no reason that you have to have a new line (it's not required in the setup), so it just depends on who sets up your account.

I believe you can check the status of your order at www.whereismyorder.com (or something like that).

As for the shared plans, those aren't SERO plans...they're just plain old sprint plans. Customers are better off with 2 Sero 500 plans than 1 shared 500 plan.

Edit 2: Just checked the link on my parents phone (convinced mi madre to make the move since it's cheap, comes with free teathering (sp) and both me and my brother use SPCS, so free calls to either of us) and it already shipped. I've heard bad things about inphonics, so this was a pleasant surprise.

shows it is processing, a step up from being received.

I'll keep the updates coming.

When I last left off, Sprint had switched my phone number without my consent, and had reserved it so that I'd be able to get it back. Problem was, they had already assigned it to someone else. Since that initial phone number switch, I've had the number reassigned 4 times, to 4 different new numbers, all of which have stopped working within 4 hours of being activated. Yesterday being the last time. The idea was that my phone number was reserved and ready to be applied to my account, I just had to wait 4-24 hours and call the customer support, and have them update the phone number. Cool, I called last night, they said it would be working properly within 10 minutes to 4 hours. This morning it still wasn't working, so I went to my local Sprint store, and complained again. She looked at it, and after a few attempts could not fix it. So I elected to cancel service with Sprint. She was kind enough to add a memo explaining that being as it's Sprints fault in the first place, I should not be charged the early termination fee, which I agreed with her on. We'll see how that works out. It's ok though, Verizon is giving me a better (for me) plan.

Overall I'm very disappointed with Sprints customer service. I've only ever had one problem with them in the past, and it was corrected within 45 minutes.

Sorry for threadjacking, but just wanted to share my experience with the SERO plan.

ok, so many bizarre changes so far.

1. a couple of hours on the phone with Sprint (but NOT the SERO department). If I had called the SERO to begin with, then I would have been better off.

2. can not keep my phone number

3. they gave me a number but the area code is where I MOVED from over 7 years ago. Their records or credit checking must be very old. Even though they know the new shipping address.

4. I will have 2 Sprint phones with 2 different phone numbers for a couple of months. The early termination fee is greater than the 2 months I will pay. However, the SERO plan is better than anything I have had access to. Someone may chime in saying they got a better deal with Verizon or whatever, I just say give us a link so we can all get it.;)

5. Phone is shipping.

I wonder, since I have 2 phones with 2 numbers. I effectively have the first number reserved. Once I deactivate that phone, can I change my new number to the deactivated one? Wonder if that is possible with SERO and how hard that will be to do.

Liver

ok, so many bizarre changes so far.

1. a couple of hours on the phone with Sprint (but NOT the SERO department). If I had called the SERO to begin with, then I would have been better off.

2. can not keep my phone number

3. they gave me a number but the area code is where I MOVED from over 7 years ago. Their records or credit checking must be very old. Even though they know the new shipping address.

4. I will have 2 Sprint phones with 2 different phone numbers for a couple of months. The early termination fee is greater than the 2 months I will pay. However, the SERO plan is better than anything I have had access to. Someone may chime in saying they got a better deal with Verizon or whatever, I just say give us a link so we can all get it.;)

5. Phone is shipping.

I wonder, since I have 2 phones with 2 numbers. I effectively have the first number reserved. Once I deactivate that phone, can I change my new number to the deactivated one? Wonder if that is possible with SERO and how hard that will be to do.

Liver

If they charge you an ETF, I'd call up and complain. I've got an email from ecare that specifically says any ETF will be refunded (as will any activation fee).

Sniperchicken, sorry for the mess. Personally, I'd have cancelled on the phone, because they probably would have made you a great offer to keep you (sero service, free phone loyalty credit and perhaps other things). Of course if there was no way they could keep you, then I guess it doesn't matter. Retentions, apparently can do a lot more than all the other C.S. departments.

If they charge you an ETF, I'd call up and complain. I've got an email from ecare that specifically says any ETF will be refunded (as will any activation fee).

Sniperchicken, sorry for the mess. Personally, I'd have cancelled on the phone, because they probably would have made you a great offer to keep you (sero service, free phone loyalty credit and perhaps other things). Of course if there was no way they could keep you, then I guess it doesn't matter. Retentions, apparently can do a lot more than all the other C.S. departments.

i have to keep my eye on the fees and such. by the way what is ETF?

the website will only let me get an unlimited data plan with 0 minutes. Excuse me being stupid, but do I have to call to get any sort of good deal?

the website will only let me get an unlimited data plan with 0 minutes. Excuse me being stupid, but do I have to call to get any sort of good deal?

click on the link for more Sprint PCS ® Phones and then pick a phone. The $30.00 plan will show up when you do that.

Oh I had a nice long conversation with Retentions. They were going to hook me up pretty nicely. Of course, at that time my line STILL wasn't working, the entire process was supposed to be fixed within 48 hours. She gave me a reference number and everything to check, and suggested I call a few hours later that night just to see if there has been any progress. So I did, and low-and-behold, it was ready to be fixed. So I went through the process of "fixing" it and it still didn't work. At that point, the CSR said it would be 10 minutes, but no more than 4 hours. It was late so I decided I'd check it out in the morning. No change, still not working. That was the fifth day, and that's when I finally called it quits. I went to Verizon and asked them if they could transfer the number, and I had my new phone and plan, with my old sprint number, within 30 minutes. I still have to cancel with sprint, as they can't do it in the store anymore. I'm sure that's going to be a real treat. I'm going to try and get it in writing as well, because I'm sure as hell not about to pay an ETF when they made the mistake in the first place.

Back