Sprint LTE Rollout List

Lol, they're just now getting LTE in one city in my state and it
s the largest city of course. Meanwhile, Verizon and AT&T has LTE virtually everywhere in my state and T-Mobile seems to be getting a decent footprint.

I don't care much because I do not live in Detroit but its kind of funny that sprint is ignoring Detroit with their rollout. I already have LTE in my city but it does not extend to my home even though the coverage map says it does. Maybe they are actually smart and they are pulling a walmart tactic where they expand quickly to areas that do not have any LTE to try to grab customers. Who knows.

When I called sprint about why I could not get LTE they said oh well your phone attaches to the tower with the most signal so if a 3G tower has a better signal then you wont get LTE, I was like well if you know the 3G signal is higher then WTF do you label the area as LTE when no ones phone is actually going to pull from the LTE towers? So honestly I have no clue what the heck sprints coverage map even means. I would say take any of their LTE coverage and just cut it in half to get a more accurate representation.

Being the resident Sprint fanboy... I figure I add this.

Network Vision takes more time to upgrade because Sprint is busy replacing every radio to a new multi-mode radio. Not to mention, Sprint towers aren't typically backed by fiber, reason why Network Vision completion has been delayed. Sprint was using microwave backhaul for many towers.

Sprint's "Spark" program will soon light up everywhere. Until that happens, well, if you think Sprint sucks, that will continue... Sprint has made improvements to many radios and towers, but they just haven't turned them on due to having no fiber.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=BW&date=20131216&id=17195573

Check out the 1Gbps demo (2015):
http://faster.sprint.com/2013/12/04...mo/?INTMKT=MA:MS:103013:SparkHub:Home_Content
http://blog.laptopmag.com/sprint-spark-hands-on-1-gbps

Sprint will supposedly turn on 200 Mbps next year.

Last edited:
Been hearing the same Sprint promises year after year for the last three years or so.

Maine isn't list anywhere in their rollout information, however they already have LTE up and running in Portland and Augusta.

Been hearing the same Sprint promises year after year for the last three years or so.
believe me... I'm hurt by sprint's delays and false promises more than just about anybody. But I do believe that the money that softbank got will help immensely. Heck, I think Sprint wants T-Mo for its fiber... BTW, sprint's multi-mode radios can support T-Mo easily as long as it's got enough bandwidth in the first place (fiber).

Yeah in 2-3 years and after buying t-mobile Sprint should be in a good position to take on AT&T for #2.

When Sprint stops offering unlimited data we'll know they've turned the corner.

edit: unlimited, unthrottled data that is.

I'm not sure I really place much faith in Sprint's claims as Boise, which always seems to be on their LTE roll-out lists (last 3 years at least), never seems to actually increase in coverage beyond a single tower.

My sprint service in MN has been miserable for the past few months. I drop calls about 5 time EVERY DAY during my half hour commute.

My sprint service in MN has been miserable for the past few months. I drop calls about 5 time EVERY DAY during my half hour commute.

You drop a call five times on a 30 minute drive and still keep trying? Is Jesus on the other end of the phone? :)

Back